Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything interesting things to do inside transit area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything interesting things to do inside transit area?

I flew from hongkong last night , going to kuala lumpur soon.

Just to ask weather there is anything interested to do inside the transit area?

Is those retail store selling things at a cheaper rate?? Or there is no different between the transit area and public?

Any good spot to plane-spot without any obstruction?

Any pay to use lounge inside the transit area or public?

Thanks in advance..
    And sorry if this had been discuss before
    Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

You can spot planes at T2 and T3 there are floor to ceiling glass facing the runway and some gates. The glass is tinted green though.

Comment

Originally posted by PI66341 View Post
      Is those retail store selling things at a cheaper rate?? Or there is no different between the transit area and public?
      I think the only advantage of shopping airside is that you can do it on short transits.
      Any pay to use lounge inside the transit area or public?
      How long is your transit? It may be better just to save the money and take in the bustle. Changi's website has suggestions on what you can do:

http://www.changiairport.com.sg/chan...ml?__locale=en
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
        You can spot planes at T2 and T3 there are floor to ceiling glass facing the runway and some gates. The glass is tinted green though.
        I know Below T3 public viewing mall got some kind of big space for people to plane spot i assume.

So since the glass is tinted green , its nt that good for spotting right?

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I think the only advantage of shopping airside is that you can do it on short transits.

How long is your transit? It may be better just to save the money and take in the bustle. Changi's website has suggestions on what you can do:

http://www.changiairport.com.sg/chan...ml?__locale=en
        I am not transiting, as what i written in my first post.
        I arrive from hongkong few days ago , and going to kuala lumpur from singapore.

Shopping airside? sorry, i dont get what u mean.
        Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

Comment

Duty Free Shopping

As you are not in transit but just departing for a flight to KUL then although Changi is one of the best airports in the world I do not think that there is anything worth turning up at the airport especially early for. I would recommend staying in town as late as possible and then if you have a little bit of time before your flight have a little wander around the shops or watch one of the TVs they have dotted about the place

Comment

I am not transiting, as what i written in my first post.
            I arrive from hongkong few days ago , and going to kuala lumpur from singapore.

Your first post wasn't that clear. Why you would start a thread about transit activities when you aren't merely transiting is, perhaps to my detriment, lost on me.

I hope Lobster cleared up your obvious confusion. Airside, landside, I can see why it can get confusing for some people, I guess.
            Last edited by jjpb3; 17 December 2009, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Why you would start a thread about transit activities when you aren't merely transiting is, perhaps to my detriment, lost on me.
              I think PI66341 started this thread to ask about activities in the transit area rather than transit activities.

I can understand why s/he does this, e.g. Changi themselves call it the "departure / transit area":

http://shopping.changiairport.com.sg...shop/time.html

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                I think PI66341 started this thread to ask about activities in the transit area rather than transit activities.

I can understand why s/he does this, e.g. Changi themselves call it the "departure / transit area":

http://shopping.changiairport.com.sg...shop/time.html
                But that doesn't change what one can do transit side, does it? Unless somehow, one wants to spend more than 5 hours airside, in which case the link I provided would fall short.

jhm, have you done more than 5 hours airside when you were actually staying in Singapore?

Comment

But that doesn't change what one can do transit side, does it? Unless somehow, one wants to spend more than 5 hours airside, in which case the link I provided would fall short.

jhm, have you done more than 5 hours airside when you were actually staying in Singapore?
                  I'm not sure I understand the relevance of 5 hours. I read the OP as merely saying that s/he's arrived in SIN recently, will fly to KUL later and wondered whether there's anything interesting to do in the departure/transit area. If so, s/he can arrive at the airport earlier for shopping, plane spotting, lounge hopping etc.

In any event, I haven't spent more than 5 hours airside when I was actually staying in a place but I can imagine people who might done so (without me thinking that they're totally mad! ), e.g. to experience fully the FRA FCT, LHR VS CH etc.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the relevance of 5 hours. I read the OP as merely saying that s/he's arrived in SIN recently, will fly to KUL later and wondered whether there's anything interesting to do in the departure/transit area. If so, s/he can arrive at the airport earlier for shopping, plane spotting, lounge hopping etc.
                    The website gave suggestions about activities ('anything interesting', in your words) for transits 5 hours or less, so travellers with less time than that can choose what to do. (I'm hedging here, as the website does use the 4-6 hour period.) But then the website mentions 'more than 5 hours' as a block. After that, it falls silent.

Get it now?

In any event, I haven't spent more than 5 hours airside when I was actually staying in a place but I can imagine people who might done so (without me thinking that they're totally mad! ), e.g. to experience fully the FRA FCT, LHR VS CH etc.
                    There you go -- SIN doesn't seem to merit such attention, even with the SQ Lounges. Hence my confusion about your post.
                    Last edited by jjpb3; 17 December 2009, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Got it!

There you go -- SIN doesn't seem to merit such attention, even with the SQ Lounges.
                      I think that's based on your and my preferences - I can imagine some for whom SIN (certainly better than the vast majority of airports) may be fascinating enough to spend the whole day airside!

Comment

Got it!

I think that's based on your and my preferences - I can imagine some for whom SIN (certainly better than the vast majority of airports) may be fascinating enough to spend the whole day airside!
                        Hmm... well someone *did* come in one day early to do SIN's TPR... must be an oddity!

Comment

I know Below T3 public viewing mall got some kind of big space for people to plane spot i assume.

So since the glass is tinted green , its nt that good for spotting right?
                          It is fine for spotting (with your eyes only), but you'll have some difficulty getting the colours correct if you're taking photos.

Comment

butterflies in T3 and the various Koi ponds scattered everywhere are quite nice places to relax... theres a free cinema in T3 as well showing around the clock movies....
                            I killed 8 hrs on the 2st by just wandering around all the terminals, and the shops, eating, spotting. In T2 you can plug in a laptop near the entertainment deck, or was that T1 lol other than that wander and do some shopping lol
                            Ive flown SQ and I adore it

Comment

Changi is one of the rare few airports on earth where you can arrive at the airport 30 min before your scheduled departure (provided you check in and print your boarding pass online), and still get to your gate with some time to spare. Take advantage of this and spend more time in the city.

An aircraft is just an aircraft... no different from those that you see in HKG. Same for shopping... I don't see the point in going to the airport early just to shop or look at planes.

Comment

Working...
                              X