No announcement yet.

Shopping for American food in Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for all the recommendations and advice guys. It is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      Liberty Supermarket has been extinct since 2007.

Tanglin Marketplace @ Tanglin Mall
      Paragon Market Place @ Paragon
      Jasons Market Place @ Raffles City
      Cold Storage @ King Albert Park (Bukit Timah)

IIRC, there's another outlet at ION Orchard as well.
      Jason's Market Place at Orchard Tower.

Comment

"Market" seems to be popular word for these places.

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
          "Market" seems to be popular word for these places.
          "Jason's MarketPlace" is a chain of higher end supermarkets in Singapore (except in Paragon, where for some reason the outlet is called Paragon Market Place). It is owned by the same company (Dairy Farm, ultimately owned by HK conglomerate Jardine) that owns the ubiquitious mid-market supermarket chain, Cold Storage. Dairy Farm has now gone more upmarket with the ThreeSixty MarketPlace in ION Orchard, where SQ's customer service center is.

Comment

Worth noting that ThreeSixty appears similar in concept to the one at IFC Hong Kong!

And they've definitely raised the grocery offerings on this island two notches up!

And yes, they have Fauchon!

Comment

I would recommend grocery shopping for "American" products at "The Market Place" in Raffles City (City Hall MRT). It's convenient (centrally located in Singapore - easily accessible if you're traveling via MRT) and has a good supply of "American" products - Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Honey Bunches of Oats (various kinds apart from the regular strawberry ones they have at Fair Price), chips and even cookie dough (yes, this is pretty much the only place in Singapore I remember finding cookie dough at). They also carry Dr. Pepper if that's your thing.

The other supermarket which will be really good to check out will be the one at the ION on Orchard (Orchard MRT). It's not big but is very well stocked with imported snacks/cereals etc. I think there's more stuff they plan to bring in which aren't on the racks yet as they're still relatively new.

If a cold storage is all you need, I recommend the one at Tampines 1 (Tampines MRT). This is only 4 stops away from the airport. The stock at Cold Storage range depending on which one you go to. The smaller ones might not be much better than the local Fair Price markets. However, based on my last visit to the one in Tampines 1, they have items similar to what is stocked at the market in ION.

Hope this helps.

I still wish Singapore markets carry items like Vitamin Water and Chipotle came here with their delicious tacos, burritos and salads.
              Last edited by oxymoron1984; 18 August 2009, 04:42 PM.

Comment

When I said cold storage carries similar items to that at ThreeSixty, I was referring to snacks/cereals etc... not so much the gourmet dressings and spreads. Just in case some were wondering

Comment

Working...
                X