• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my...

is that so serious...
    i heard another guy/gal died

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
      I did some research. Food courts like those in malls rarely have such rodent problems. It is the old school hawker centres (those with adjoining wet markets) because of the sewer lines below.

Not all of those do either, its usually the temporary ones like this Geylang one and Ang Mo Kio hawker centres- presumably not much was invested in draining systems for them since they are temporary.

I dont see it is as an overreaction. Hundreds falling sick and 3 deaths from one incident should be a lesson that hygiene standards is something you can never compromise on.

I say NEA should invest heavily to ensure hawker centres around abide by the strictesy hygiene standards and the rodent problem must be gotten rid off completely even if means extensive renovation of drainage lines.

The squeeky clean-Singapore image is something I'd prefer to this.

For now I'm boycotting all hawker centres. Little difference though, I rarely ever ate at them before lol
      I used to eat out with local co-workers, but to be honest, it was a bit dangerous, so I was quite choosy about what I ate - but at some there was hardly any choice...

At some places, they cook the seafood fresh in front of you, so you have less of a chance of getting sick...all pre-cooked, warmed-up for you stuff...

Comment

FWIW, I was queuing up at one of the stalls in Food Republic Vivocity. Then I noticed something moving behind the glass counter, and lo and behold, it was a cockroach...i notified the store handler, but he ignored me..... i never went back to that store again....

Comment

Originally posted by ws8n View Post
          FWIW, I was queuing up at one of the stalls in Food Republic Vivocity. Then I noticed something moving behind the glass counter, and lo and behold, it was a cockroach...i notified the store handler, but he ignored me..... i never went back to that store again....
          wow,
          bad altitude!
          i think i wouldn't want to go there and eat like you

Comment

Working...
          X