No announcement yet.

Changi's terminal 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to know whether the new Terminal 3 has got a basement (just like the ones you see in Terminal 1 and 2) for the buses to stop by? Or it uses the ordinary bus stop?

I'll be one of the visitors (just like all the members here) going to the new Terminal 3 during the year end holidays. I will reveal more details soon. Stay tuned!

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SQJ View Post
      I would like to know whether the new Terminal 3 has got a basement (just like the ones you see in Terminal 1 and 2) for the buses to stop by? Or it uses the ordinary bus stop?

I'll be one of the visitors (just like all the members here) going to the new Terminal 3 during the year end holidays. I will reveal more details soon. Stay tuned!
      This I think I can disclose. Yes, there will be a bus terminal, just like those in T1 & T2, in T3. In fact, buses will start to stop at T3 in October IIRC. However, passengers are not allowed to alight at T3 until it's opening.
      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

• Do we really need T3 or simply 1 airport with more efficient staff?

Comment

• Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
          Do we really need T3 or simply 1 airport with more efficient staff?
          Which aspects of Changi do you find particularly inefficient?

Sometimes, it is a question of capacity, as even the most humanly efficient operations just reach their limit in terms of throughput. That brings me to my original question: where do you think more efficiency can be squeezed out at Changi, given the demands forecast by the projected growth rates in air travel?

Welcome to SQTalk, by the way.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
            Do we really need T3 or simply 1 airport with more efficient staff?

Both

However, the last time I checked.....T3 is still part of Changi Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Which aspects of Changi do you find particularly inefficient?

Sometimes, it is a question of capacity, as even the most humanly efficient operations just reach their limit in terms of throughput. That brings me to my original question: where do you think more efficiency can be squeezed out at Changi, given the demands forecast by the projected growth rates in air travel?

Welcome to SQTalk, by the way.
              I think terminal 3 is necessary for Changi's future operations, but it is also important to make improvements in the 2 existing terminals.

I'm particularly concerned with two aspects: airport staff politeness and the ability to handle situations such as flight delays. somehow I've always been greeted by an angry face at Changi's check-in counters (esp when flying economy), many staff there don't even bother to look up when you smile and greet them good morning. A bit sad when you are looking forward to a geat trip.

I remember flying from terminal 1 April this year. the flight was delayed due to bad weather. many passengers weren't sure what to do and when we checked with the airport staff, it seemed that they were as blur as us. Finally an announcement was made and we were supposed to proceed to a transfer counter, but when I finally got to that counter, the man sitting down there had no idea what flight delay I was talking about.

Somehow it seemed that Changi, and SQ, are intended for the rich. If you are flying SQ first class, the experience will be fantastic, but if you are flying economy on some other airlines, most likely you'll be greeted by long queues at check-in counters and at the borading gates. It's sad that while all other airports and airlines are making such rapid improvements, Changi and SQ seemed remain stagnant in terms of services. I really hope T3 can change my mind the next time I travel to Changi.

Comment

• Personally, I never had bad experience in Changi yet, but my travel experience is nowhere near some of the regular travellers in here. Whether, I travel in economy or business, I never encounter such problems in Changi though. Staffs are always polite and efficient, although not necessarily friendly. Check in and boarding is always a breeze in my experience too.

I heard that staff in T2 is better trained and more corteous in comparison to T1, but I don't know whether this is true or not. Once again, I never used T1, only went there for a walk during transit and once for arrival.

Regarding delays, it is also important to know, if the airline informed the airport staff regarding the plan B. Otherwise, they may just be as blur as you said.

Comment

• On Arrival, Hong Kong immigration can be very brutal no matter what class you are flying. I still believe Changi gives the best experience overall - I never have to wait more than 5 minutes to clear immigration at Changi no matter what class I am flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                    I heard that staff in T2 is better trained and more corteous in comparison to T1, but I don't know whether this is true or not.
                    Used to be, as both terminals CSOs were managed by two different agencies. However, as of last week, a new agency has taken over both terminals. The new staff are more friendly, but when it comes to job knowledge, they still need more time to improve.
                    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

• Hi , i do not know if this is true or something but if i'm not wrong ,earlier this year Channelnewsasia had mentioned before that T3 might be having a open house this year end before the actual opening of T3 next year is it still on ? Would love to see how T3 looks like

Comment

• Open house would be in November, which will last for a month or so. T3 will then close it's doors, in December, for last minute touch up and cleaning up before the grand opening on the 9th of January 2008 (tentatively).

P.S. I do have some picutes of the terminal, but not really convenient to release here. PM me if you really need these pictures to have a good night sleep tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                          Used to be, as both terminals CSOs were managed by two different agencies. However, as of last week, a new agency has taken over both terminals. The new staff are more friendly, but when it comes to job knowledge, they still need more time to improve.
                          I'm curious to know what 'agencies' you are referring to that manages the CSOs at Changi? And which new agency has taken over now? Are you referring to the CAAS staff that man the information counters? Or the check in staff that handle the airline's ground operations?

Comment

• Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                            I'm curious to know what 'agencies' you are referring to that manages the CSOs at Changi? And which new agency has taken over now? Are you referring to the CAAS staff that man the information counters? Or the check in staff that handle the airline's ground operations?
                            Sorry if I've confused anyone. I'm actually refering to the staff that mend the infomation counters. Those staff that handles the airlines' ground operations and not under CAAS. They are under SATS, CIAS or Swissport.

P.S. I'm not too sure about the name of the new agency. I think it's something-serve IIRC.

Comment

• I will be in Singapore in late November, and would definitely make the time to attend an open house. Any idea when details will be released?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coathanger View Post
                                I will be in Singapore in late November, and would definitely make the time to attend an open house. Any idea when details will be released?
                                Do check out the local newspapers when time comes!

Comment

Working...
                                X