Changi's terminal 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
    Aircrafts have already been using it for years....
    Yeah, but not on land. You've seen it too? Cool.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by sq_a380 View Post
      Is it for both men and ladies?
      Yeah, it's located right in the middle of the departure hall. Go see it when it's open and you'll notice the difference. Not gonna leak out the secret cause I'm not sure whether it clashes with CAAS stand on making T3 exclusive till the day of the open house.
      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Let me take a guess... would it be one of those open-air toilets similar to those 'close to nature' ones that we see at the Singapore zoo? The ones that are actually not enclosed, but uses shrubs to hide 'private' activities?

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
          Let me take a guess... would it be one of those open-air toilets similar to those 'close to nature' ones that we see at the Singapore zoo? The ones that are actually not enclosed, but uses shrubs to hide 'private' activities?
          There is one in the Transit Area, but the one we are refering to is not that type...although it will be fun to have those "open concept toilets close to nature onboard the current aircraft!...hehe

Comment

Yeah, Jubilee777 is right, there's one such toilet in the transit area in T3. However, it doesn't have a view of the airplanes. If you guys want a view of the planes while doing your business, there's one such toilet in T2 Transit Area.

Comment

Is it completely made of glass so that people can see through??

Comment

Originally posted by sq_a380 View Post
                Is it completely made of glass so that people can see through??
                Yes, it is made of glass but is partially covered by plants. It's hard for me to explain, but I will try and take some photos and post them here next week. There is only ONE such toilet in T2, located in the Transit area, next to the Family Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                  Yes, it is made of glass but is partially covered by plants. It's hard for me to explain, but I will try and take some photos and post them here next week. There is only ONE such toilet in T2, located in the Transit area, next to the Family Zone.
                  Is there an open-concept toilet like what we have in the Singapore Zoo, but with a view of the tarmac, AND allow you to be completely engulfed in the noise of the APUs and takeoffs and landings at the same time? That would be heaven!
                  My Cafe Adventures
                  Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                  http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                    Is there an open-concept toilet like what we have in the Singapore Zoo, but with a view of the tarmac, AND allow you to be completely engulfed in the noise of the APUs and takeoffs and landings at the same time? That would be heaven!
                    Yeah, that would be great! I'm waiting for such a day to arrive too. Meanwhile, you might want to consider doing your business along Parameter Road in the wee hours in the morning when nobody is around.
                    Last edited by nykelaz; 24 September 2007, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• I'll dissent. I'd rather not have:

1. People tempted to linger in the toilet because the sights and sounds entertain them
                      2. My ears assaulted by loud sounds while I'm doing my business

Quiet, or else soothing music, is more preferable to me.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        I'll dissent. I'd rather not have:

1. People tempted to linger in the toilet because the sights and sounds entertain them
                        2. My ears assaulted by loud sounds while I'm doing my business

Quiet, or else soothing music, is more preferable to me.
                        From my experience, the toilet at T2 Transit Level 3 (nearest to the Food Gallery) is the most quiet toilet in T2. Hope this helps!

Comment

• I understand that the tarmac tour of ZRH at the TOF Do yesterday took them to the intersection between the two runaways. They were allowed to get off the bus and watch/take photos as various planes took off and landed including, I'm told, a SQ 77W.

For people like The High Flyer and nykelaz, perhaps ZRH (or SIN) should continue building a toilet block there with open views of both runaways ? You can do your business, watch the planes and (for those with voyeuristic tendencies) thrill in the thought of giving the pax on the planes a fleeting glimpse as they roll past!

Comment

• Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                            From my experience, the toilet at T2 Transit Level 3 (nearest to the Food Gallery) is the most quiet toilet in T2. Hope this helps!
                            Good to know. For me, that is, as THF won't be able to be swallowed up by his beloved APU, takeoff and landing sounds.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                              As well as an airport lounge forum, perhaps there should be one for toilets ?

On a more serious note, I (like jjpb3 I think) do much prefer a toilet which is quiet for me to do my (normal!) business rather than one which seems to have half the terminal milling around outside. For me, that's a major benefit of lounge access (whether as part of a J/F ticket, as a result of status or something else like a Priority Pass).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                                Aircrafts have already been using it for years....
                                When I read this, I thought hmmm... vacuum-flush toilets in T3?

Comment

Working...
                                X