Changi's terminal 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    it will also be terribly confusing and also a hassle for regional flights n SQ who supposedly still at T2 to transfer for their SQ long-haul flights at T3 - and lugging n pushing trolleys and esp worse with litle kids trailing behind. And besides that, it would costs SQ alot of money in the millions to have its operations split between T2 and T3 - and even on occassions where its aircraft used for regional then need to be towed to T3; and this in addition to more ground staff needed to manned to terminals.
    Well, stumbled across this website. It's confirmed that SQ will be operating from BOTH T2 and T3. Sigh.

http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/200...m-09jan08.html
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
      Well, stumbled across this website. It's confirmed that SQ will be operating from BOTH T2 and T3. Sigh.
      Oops, someone let the cat out of the bag -- down to the details of the destinations that will be served from each of the termnals!
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        woohoO! smoking area
        Everything that is good to smoke is illegal in Singapore. Only the most dangerous and addictive drugs are legal there.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Mmmm... dedicated facility for F pax and TPP - a bit like the FCT. But I wonder if it simply funnels you to the main terminal/lounge after clearing passport control, or is it really an exclusive facility with its own lounge and a limo ride all the way to the aircraft? The latter would be very nice.
          I don't care about being driven to the aircraft. I care about being picked up at the aircraft upon arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            woohoO! smoking area

Comment

I hope I'm not posting something that has already been posted. Look below for an interesting, interactive look at the new Terminal 3:

T3

By the way, there's going to be a full-sized supermarket in the terminal. Apparently, you'll also be able to see through the terminal, from the kerbside to the runway.
              My Cafe Adventures
              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                Everything that is good to smoke is illegal in Singapore. Only the most dangerous and addictive drugs are legal there.
                ???
                Which would be then?
                Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

The lady talking about the T3 first class lounge and the guy doing the commentary on the J lounge were hinting at "God-like" treatment! They show a miniature of the First Class facility and it seems to be reminiscent of the premium terminal concept adopted by Lufthansa and Qatar. The Business Class lounge is seperate. Hmmm, very intriguing.........
                  Last edited by sqforever; 29 August 2007, 06:54 AM.
                  Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

I agree with zvezda - a pick up from the aircraft for a even speedier arrivals or transit process would be most beneficial

Hopefully SQ does something which for some time at least is on par or even beats LH FCT
                    Last edited by token01; 1 September 2007, 09:16 AM. Reason: spelling as usual

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
                      ???
                      Which would be then?
                      The most addictive drug known to man is nicotine. The second most addictive is alcohol. The drug which kills the most people is nicotine. The drug which kills the second largest number of people is alcohol. The drug which kills the most non-users is nicotine. The drug which kills the second largest number of non-users is alcohol. On this last point, no other drug kills within a thousandth of a percent as many non-users as nicotine or alcohol.

Comment

if they're running porsches to the plane I'm in!

Comment

I was at T3 today for some work related issues. Checked with a CAAS personnel regarding the airlines that will be utilising T3:

Confirmed at the moment
                          Singapore Airlines - American & European flights (exception of BKK & CGK which will also be served at T3)
                          Qatar Airways - Doha

The information seems to be quite reliable. Of course, towards the opening day, I believe more airlines would be relocated to T3.

P.S. I have quite some pictures of the near-completion terminal. It's really a spectacular piece of architecture. However, the pictures are not very professionally taken. Therefore, I would not be posting here. It is also due to some security issues.
                          We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Here are some answers to some of the queries you might have:

1) There will be a SKL in T3 (Wasn't able to visit it as it was still under construction).

2) All airline longues will be located at the 3rd level.

3) There will be a common gatehold room (A common gatehold room for a few gates), a unique feature seen in T3, only after Dubai.

4) There will only be one Departure checkpoint entrance with 18 immigration counters, instead of two in T2 (North and South Entrances).

5) There is a one of a kind toilet located in the Departure Hall, that is the first and only in the world. (Shall keep it a secret to increase anticipation among the people)
                            Last edited by nykelaz; 21 September 2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

5) There is a one of a kind toilet located in the Departure Hall, that is the first and only in the world. (Shall keep it a secret to increase anticipation among the people)
                              Is it for both men and ladies?

Comment

Aircrafts have already been using it for years....

Comment

Working...
                                X