Changi's terminal 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
    ... and they always have the pilots planning their route and then submitting it for authorisation.
    From what I know, flight planning will have already been done by the time the pilots arrive at the airport. Not sure if this is a practice within SIA only.
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

it will also be terribly confusing and also a hassle for regional flights n SQ who supposedly still at T2 to transfer for their SQ long-haul flights at T3 - and lugging n pushing trolleys and esp worse with litle kids trailing behind. And besides that, it would costs SQ alot of money in the millions to have its operations split between T2 and T3 - and even on occassions where its aircraft used for regional then need to be towed to T3; and this in addition to more ground staff needed to manned to terminals.

Comment

Then they need to have more Skytrains in operation due to the high traffic transiting between the two terminals SQ will serve. Airlines like BA also split their operations at LHR (T1 and T4). Its going to be something like that, but easier to connect,

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
          Airlines like BA also split their operations at LHR (T1 and T4).
          More than that, BA actually have at least one flight leaving from each of the terminals at LHR, e.g. Miami from T3 (the only flight AFAIK) and various flights to Spain from T2 - I believe that the reason for this is so that BA can have a voice/vote on the management committee for each terminal.

(Plus of course there's also LGW which BA operate from - for the moment at least.)

Do any SQ flights leave from SIN T1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Only Codeshares

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post

From what i know they are as follow,

SQ5751 codeshared with Asiana airlines to Seoul

SQ5901 codeshared with ANA to Narita.

hope it helps
              BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Correct. SQ doesn't codeshare with TG, LX and UA so that's about it.

Comment

I think they're using OW as the Guinea Pigs for testing out T3. On numerous trips through Changi in the last few weeks I've seen various a/c at the gates.

At the weekend there was a QF A330, CX 777 and BA 744 at A2, A4 and A10 respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    I think they're using OW as the Guinea Pigs for testing out T3. On numerous trips through Changi in the last few weeks I've seen various a/c at the gates.

At the weekend there was a QF A330, CX 777 and BA 744 at A2, A4 and A10 respectively.
                    A little pictures would be great.

Comment

I saw QF A330 and CX A330 and 777 with other SQ aircrafts parked at T3, with the gate not connected though. I saw it from my flight, and I was on the starboard side, not port however So, no pics.
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                        I saw QF A330 and CX A330 and 777 with other SQ aircrafts parked at T3, with the gate not connected though. I saw it from my flight, and I was on the starboard side, not port however So, no pics.
                        I have yet to see before T3 opens.

Comment

Map of T3: http://www.changiairport.ebizintel.c...ontent/map.jpg

They've got a F/C class gates

Viewing gallery takes up an entire floor!

Comment

woohoO! smoking area

Comment

I didn't see an SKL on the map, is it like "integrated" with F/C gates? Or maybe its by the viewing gallery and just not shown on map?
                              Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

landed on runway 20C yesterday - 23 aug at 3.35pm.
                                Those aircrafts that are parked at T3 are basically for a few hours layover before their next flight - as the place was formerly remote bays.

Comment

Working...
                                X