No announcement yet.

Changi's terminal 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would prefer all of SQ's operations in T3. Yes, SQ can have two lounges in T3. But I think they want to cut cost, so they won't open two lounges in T3. If *A operations are both in T2 and T3, then their operations are not unified unlike NRT. UA switching to T3? No idea. And GA moving to T2, I don't think so. Why should they move to T2? QF, BA and EK have no plans to move to T2, AF was in T2 before until the merger with KL, so I don't think the mentioned airlines will move T2 in the near future. T2 would be dead if SQ moves all their operations to T3. How often do the other *A airlines fly in? Once a day? Twice a day and sometimes at very quiet hours (like UA, NW). So as what was said earlier, SQ needs to keep regional operations there for their passengers to shop and dine at T2 to collect revenue.

Comment

Really appreciate the replies, folks. That's why I like forums like SQTalk. You really gain insights into issues that don't get published in the press.
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

any new pictures n e wer of t3

Comment

I'm quite dissapointed to hear that SQ operations are going to be split. Part of the appeal of Changi and flying SQ is that you are in one terminal, no messing about.

Consolidated operations makes sense for SQ and passengers. CAAS should look at the bigger picture, beyond its "corporate objectives", and understand that this streamlined operation is a key competitive advantage in the highly competitive Asian-hub market.

If rental income is the issue, why not just offer current T2 tennants discounted moves to T3?

In any case, they are all playing for the same team. Changi and Singapore Airlines are the two most recognisable symbols of Singapore; it would be sad to see them miss this opportunity.

Comment

CAAS are determined to miss the opportunity and take SIA along with it.

Comment

I just got word today that all of SIA's operations will be moved to Terminal 3. Not sure how reliable the info is, but the source is an SQ B744 pilot I met during my reservist training -- I didn't know we had a pilot in our midst till today.

By the way, another piece of info: Soon, pilots will no longer head for the Control Centre (or whatever the place is called) to obtain their flight plans upon reporting for duty. They will head straight to the gates, where the documents will be waiting.
              My Cafe Adventures
              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Nice to hear some inside information. If all of SQ's operations are moving to T3, then that's more than good news. The media reported SQ will only move half of its operations, we don't know now and we shall keep our fingers crossed. Any other airlines joining SQ at T3?

Comment

Interesting info. But am wondering how T3 can fit all SQ ops.
                  T2 has 35 aerobridges and 9 bus stands
                  T3 has 28 aerobridges and 1 bus stand

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                    By the way, another piece of info: Soon, pilots will no longer head for the Control Centre (or whatever the place is called) to obtain their flight plans upon reporting for duty. They will head straight to the gates, where the documents will be waiting.

So the pilots will have no say over the route they will be taking. I must admit I am no expert on this but I have seen a couple of docmentaries on the Discovery channel (so I think that almost qualifies me as an expert) and they always have the pilots planning their route and then submitting it for authorisation.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Interesting info. But am wondering how T3 can fit all SQ ops.
                      T2 has 35 aerobridges and 9 bus stands
                      T3 has 28 aerobridges and 1 bus stand
                      At the moment, T2 is not just used by SQ, but also MI, MH, and other airlines. I do believe SQ can move their whole ops to T3 for now, BUT in the future, when SQ is expanding, it will be totally different story.
                      Last edited by singaporu_kooku; 4 July 2007, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I just got word today that all of SIA's operations will be moved to Terminal 3.
                        That's good news. Hopefully, everything works out well and SQ get exclusive rights to the beautiful new terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                          At the moment, T2 is not just used by SQ, but also MI, MH, and other airlines. I do believe SQ can move their whole ops to T3 for now, BUT in the future, when SQ is expanding, it will be totally different story.
                          Yes, that's correct but its still a 35% decrease in the number of gates so how will all those fit? The move is presumably for the future so why move there for now and then think of something different later? SQ I doubt is that short-term in its planning

Comment

Would the introduction of the A380 play any part in reducing the number of gates needed, since it offers a substantial bump in seat capacity?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Yes, that's correct but its still a 35% decrease in the number of gates so how will all those fit? The move is presumably for the future so why move there for now and then think of something different later? SQ I doubt is that short-term in its planning
                              As my previous posts have mentioned, I would prefer that SQ integrated their whole ops in T3, but I understands this won't be possible if SQ keeps expanding and CAAS need to keep the retailers in T2 happy. Honestly, I'm not sure what is the actual SQ and CAAS' plan at the moment, we'll just have to wait and see

Comment

I just got word today that all of SIA's operations will be moved to Terminal 3.
                                When did they say this is supposed to be happenning ?. The plan at the moment is for both T2 and T3 to be used. T2 to be used for 'Asia' and T3 for 'International'.

I also believe that there has been a request from certain quarters to extend the SQ-SQ MCT at Changi to 90 minutes when T3 is operational. This is unsurprisingly being fiercely resisted in other quarters.

Comment

Working...
                                X