No announcement yet.

F1 Singapore Grand Prix 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall I thought it was a pretty good race, with more overtaking than I was expecting considering that it is a street circuit and these have a habit of becoming a procession. Still a bit of a shame that the saftey car played such a big role in the result but it did make it more exciting.

Comment

Hardly any posts...I suppose all the party-goers are still recovering from a hangover?

And the sky just broke into a thunderstorm, which it has tried to hold up for the past days since Friday afternoon. May I give thanks to the heavens for ensuring I get to witness the event without getting drenched!
      Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
        Hardly any posts...I suppose all the party-goers are still recovering from a hangover?

And the sky just broke into a thunderstorm, which it has tried to hold up for the past days since Friday afternoon. May I give thanks to the heavens for ensuring I get to witness the event without getting drenched!
        Was there rain immediately after the race??

Well, I was rushing to the airport after watching the race on TV......
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

The race was amazing. Brought my dvcam to the race, so I will post the clips when I'm free.

Comment

The race was great. I was really impressed how organized everything was. Getting to/from the track was pretty painless.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
              Was there rain immediately after the race??

Well, I was rushing to the airport after watching the race on TV......
              Nope the weather was perfect. Storm clouds gathered at about 3-5pm but miraculously they dispersed by 6pm.

It only rained heavily at about close to 4pm on Monday..the time I posted the message!

Comment

Originally posted by Bon View Post
                The race was great. I was really impressed how organized everything was. Getting to/from the track was pretty painless.
                Which grandstand where you at, and which gate did you use? I hear quite contrasting comments from the spectators with regards to transportation...

Comment

Originally posted by Bon View Post
                  Getting to/from the track was pretty painless.
                  I share the same sentiments as Bon. I used gate 6 for entry/exit. No queues for all 3 days. I did try entry at gate 5 on Sat and that didn't have a queue either. FWIW, I got to the track at about 5pm on all 3 days. Parking was painless too at some of the Raffles Place office buildings.

Comment

IC. Apparently it was smooth sailing for most gates....except Gate 1 and perhaps Gate 2 as well. Then again, Gate 1 is the one where most of the highest-paying guests were, so more complains are to be expected I suppose. I overheard an angmo whining "Are we in Malaysia yet? I have walked so far!".

Comment

Getting out of the Marina Bay grandstand was impossible. Everything was in lock-down until a thousand or so had gathered athte gates to try and get towards the Esplanade.

It was like this on Friday, fixed on Saturday when all they did was open the track but on Sunday, back to Friday's case. People were held until the track was allowed to be opened, which was a loooooong time.

The space to get from the Marina Bay grandstand to the Esplanade is so small, for so many people and without organisation or flow management this was the biggest bottleneck in the whole site i think.

Comment

Didnt they open the track on each day?

I was able to witness the situation at Gates 1, 1A and 2, and while it was very smooth at Gate 2, it was almost chaos at Gates 1 and 1A. Over half of about 35,000 people trying to squeeze through a pathway which is only about 2 metre wide at some point. Now that is a bottleneck!

Comment

I was able to witness the situation at Gates 1, 1A and 2, and while it was very smooth at Gate 2, it was almost chaos at Gates 1 and 1A. Over half of about 35,000 people trying to squeeze through a pathway which is only about 2 metre wide at some point. Now that is a bottleneck!
                          Yup I was part of the Gate 1 throng. Frankly the 2m wide bottleneck on Saturday was beyond idiotic, but they had the sense to widen it on Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            Yup I was part of the Gate 1 throng. Frankly the 2m wide bottleneck on Saturday was beyond idiotic, but they had the sense to widen it on Sun.
                            That would mean you left the track earlier on Sat. The crowds actually broke through the barriers later on, before the barriers were quickly restored but moved further out to relieve the congestion. The lesson was learnt, so the same thing was done earlier on Sun.

Anyway, did you attempt to use Gate 1A? Heard some claiming that the walk into the grandstand was shorter through that gate, but I fail to see much of a difference unless one is going towards the Paddock?

Comment

That would mean you left the track earlier on Sat. The crowds actually broke through the barriers later on, before the barriers were quickly restored but moved further out to relieve the congestion. The lesson was learnt, so the same thing was done earlier on Sun.

Anyway, did you attempt to use Gate 1A? Heard some claiming that the walk into the grandstand was shorter through that gate, but I fail to see much of a difference unless one is going towards the Paddock?
                              On Sat I left straight after the end of qualifying. Didn't try Gate 1A.

Comment

Which grandstand where you at, and which gate did you use? I hear quite contrasting comments from the spectators with regards to transportation...
                                I used Gate 3 to get to City Hall mrt station.

Comment

Working...
                                X