X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit Hotel rates go up 1 Aug 2008

Dear Guest/Passenger,

We append our rates as below:-

Room Rates are based on minimum charge of 1 block of 6hours.

Single Occupancy : SGD$ 73.56nett

Double/Twin Occupancy : SGD$ 82.39nett

Triple Occupancy : SGD$ 110.35nett

Extra Person/Bed : SGD$ 27.95nett

Single Budget Room : SGD$ 51.50nett

Extension per hour : SGD$ 17.65nett

Room rates quoted are based on a minimum charge of 1 block of 6hours.

** All other terms and conditions remain unchanged.

Thank you for the info...

Comment

Stayed at the one at T3 last week for 8 hours...not a bad room to have some shut eye (very clean), and very convenient as it took me 5 mins to walk there from my arrival plane. No window tho...behind the curtains is a wall!

Comment

Savage25 - you didn't happen to stay at the hotel recently by any chance? If so... I'd say this is further proof of the Savage25 effect...
        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

I got a quote and a reservation made for September, but haven't paid yet - do you think I'll get charged the old or new rate?

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
            Savage25 - you didn't happen to stay at the hotel recently by any chance? If so... I'd say this is further proof of the Savage25 effect...
            A couple of times. Not enough to get elite status

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              I got a quote and a reservation made for September, but haven't paid yet - do you think I'll get charged the old or new rate?
              I would guess that since you dont pay until you stay there you'll get the new and improved rate - but that's just a guess.

Comment

Pics of transit hotel at Sin T3

I've never seen pics of the transit hotel at Changi posted here, so I will post a few of the room which I took when I recently stayed at the one at T3....so others might know what to expect It's not the Hilton, but perfectly acceptable for a few hours zzzzzzzzzzzz...sorry, I started to spread my stuff out before I reached for my camera

Comment

It looks miles better than the old T1 & T2 transit hotel room, especially the bathroom.
                  Thanks for the pictures, kpc.

Comment

The rooms are much better than the T2 transit hotel. Some more pics at http://picasaweb.google.com/FTSavage...T3TransitHotel

Comment

Thanks kpc. It's way better than the ones in T2, which I previously stayed.

Comment

Thank you, kpc.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

SIN T3 Ambassador Transit Hotel

I had an overnight layover at SIN for barely 8 hours - 8 unsocial hours at that as I got in at 0100 and had to leave at 0940 in the morning. Thus I thought the transit hotel would be a good idea as I'd simply needed a place to crash for a few hours' shut eye. I'd also considered the new CP but they were asking for SGD350 when I'd looked - uhh next!

I'd booked the hotel via their website. The hotel had confirmed me in a T2 room initially, based on my departing flight from that terminal. However, I'd wanted to visit the T3 SKL F in the morning, and so requested a switch to T3 - which was confirmed in a jiffy.

The hotel is located one floor above the departures' level, opposite the transfer desks. Arrived, had to fill up a form and waited some to get a room - it was pretty busy at that hour with several SQ long haul arrivals. Before too long I'd gotten my room key.

The room was a fair bit nicer than I'd imagined, however it had no windows - behind the curtains was simply a wall - so probably not a good idea if claustrophobic. At the very least the room was clean, beds were adequate, and the ensuite shower was spotless. And a nice, big LCD TV that offered a selection of local Free to Air channels. The free toiletries did not look overly appealing, so I'd used my own bottles of Bliss Lemon&Sage which came in most handy in these sort of contingencies.

Overall, does what it says on the tin - for 'transit' only. If i was in Singapore for a few more hours and at more social hours (or if it'd been a weekend ) I'd deffo have gone downtown. But as it is, the transit hotel provides a perfectly adequate and reasonably priced alternative to the CP.

For some reason I couldn't sleep, even though there was nothing wrong with the bed. I put it down to having that late evening coffee onboard the flight which left me somewhat bright eyed. Which didn't bode well for wanting to make the most out of my SQ regional F experience the following morning.

Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 July 2008, 01:00 AM.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                          X