Air Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Canada

Hurray! Air Canada returns to Singapore!

I’m quite certain that the hub development staff at Changi Airport Group worked hard to get Air Canada launch these flights, complementing in no doubt too - Air Canada’s route viability assessment.

https://simpleflying.com/air-canada-...apore-flights/

Can’t wait to see YVR connected directly non-stop to SIN and vv. Applause! The last time, Air Canada flew to SIN, was using L1011s via BOM/LHR from Toronto, if I’m not mistaken.
    Last edited by Caravelle; 15 June 2023, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the news, Caravelle! I am very happy to see AC back in Singapore as well! Wish it was a daily SIN-YVR though.

The last time I flew YVR-SIN, it was on an SQ A340-300 Celestar...years ago.

And turning back the clock even further, in 1986, when I was a kid, I flew SIN-BOM-LHR vv on Air Canada's L1011 Tristar. Very nice planes, though it sure took a long time to get to London with a transit stop in Mumbai. In Mumbai it was optional to deplane. You could get off and stretch your legs in the terminal for a few minutes, but that was it. Most pax stayed onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        Thanks for sharing the news, Caravelle! I am very happy to see AC back in Singapore as well! Wish it was a daily SIN-YVR though.

The last time I flew YVR-SIN, it was on an SQ A340-300 Celestar...years ago.

And turning back the clock even further, in 1986, when I was a kid, I flew SIN-BOM-LHR vv on Air Canada's L1011 Tristar. Very nice planes, though it sure took a long time to get to London with a transit stop in Mumbai. In Mumbai it was optional to deplane. You could get off and stretch your legs in the terminal for a few minutes, but that was it. Most pax stayed onboard.
        Any retro trip report coming? Reminiscing about my youth spent seeing the AC Tristars and 747-200s at Changi and collecting brochures and timetables from the AC town office at the current Concord Hotel Shopping Ctr (former Le Meridien Singapore)

Comment

Originally posted by Airtropolis View Post

Any retro trip report coming? Reminiscing about my youth spent seeing the AC Tristars and 747-200s at Changi and collecting brochures and timetables from the AC town office at the current Concord Hotel Shopping Ctr (former Le Meridien Singapore)
          That's an idea! No camera phones back then, and 35mm film was expensive! So very few photos in those days (and none of food...).

I was so excited to fly the AC Tristar that I bought one of those Tristar aeroplane scale display models onboard my return flight...but years later I threw out a lot of stuff while housekeeping, including the Tristar model...why why why. It would have become a collector's item by now!

Comment

Working...
          X