No announcement yet.

T3 Goes Live: Impressions of T3 and the SQ Lounges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all the negative response, i guess SQ is way better off creating a 154 seater F lounge instead.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
      With all the negative response, i guess SQ is way better off creating a 154 seater F lounge instead.....
      Hmm SQ would do that after I am able to visit 77 seater one without guest.

Comment

Jubilee 777 you make me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          If CX, LH, and QF would all allow their highest tier customers access to their most premium lounges, why would SQ decide to exclude its TPPs or LPPs from its most premium lounge?
          Going OT and talking about *A (rather than SQ) but this is an area where as a customer, I feel much more valued by OW as a top tier OW emerald - than as I did by *A as a former top tier *G - with access to F check-in/lounges through the alliance (The only exception I can think of is the LHR T4 (and soon to be T5) BA CCR - any others ?)

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            (The only exception I can think of is the LHR T4 (and soon to be T5) BA CCR - any others ?)
            Probably the QF Chairman's Lounges. Only for those with CL status (equivalent to BA Premier).
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Greetings from the SKL F at T3.

The new First Class check in facility is excellent. Much bigger than at T2 and completely seperate with it's own road/driveway. I would imagine that it will take a while for the taxi drivers to become aware that it's a seperate entrance. Ours certainly didn't know although as we were in the middle of the daily Singapore thunderstorm where you couldn't see 100 yards in front that's a little understandable.

The new exclusive immigration clearance area is also a nice touch. The sentimental amongst us may be pleased to hear stickers are back, even if they are only for this. They put a Gold square sticker with a blue SQ logo on your BP to enable you to use this seperate facility. This being due to the fact that you have a short walk through the terminal to get to it. However, they are also handy for waving your BP's at the lounge dragons from a distance to show you're allowed in, just like the good old days...

I can't help but feel disappointed with the F lounge. Maybe this is mainly due to my personal preference for tarmac views and an abundance of natural light etc but I can't find anything to get excited about in here. Yeah there is a nice bar area, but as it stands at the moment there is far less reading material here and the food offerings are poor to be honest and are less than at T2. Having just a single PC, when they had eight at T2 is bizarre. There are no flight information screens in the main lounge either. They really have missed a golden opportunity here.

The J lounge however does seem impressive when you enter, mainly due to it's huge size. This is a vast improvement over T2 imho. The only disappointing thing is there is no manned bar here unlike T2, everything is self service.

It probably won't come as much of a shock to hear the the Champagne in the F lounge is Charles Heidsieck, exactly the same as they have on free pour in the J lounge.

The new 'A+' lounge is supposed to be opening in about 2 weeks. It is located at the top end of the F lounge behind the wooden wall you see at the moment. Although it has yet to be officially confirmed, as there are numerous rumours knocking about, but it does look like it will be for First and Suites pax only. No TPP's/LPP's

We were fortunate enough to get a guided tour of T3 by our Changi Guardian Angel. I must say that even though I saw it a few months ago, now it is in operation it is a very impressive place. The food and drink options are excellent with at least 6 different bars to choose from. I am also delighted to see the Indian Vegitarian place is here so I am so sorted for my Roti Prata fix...

It is interesting to see the upper landside levels busy with locals who have come to see the new place peering down.
              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 15 January 2008, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update, MAN Flyer. I will have a chance to visit tomorrow as well. I guess the F section will not be an F section when the A+ lounge is open. It is simply a TPP/LPP lounge.

It is strange that SQ will have a special lounge for F/R paxs who leave from T3 while the same F paxs traveling from T2 will not enjoy the same facility as easily.

By the way, any shower facility and toilets in the lounge yet?

Comment

It is strange that SQ will have a special lounge for F/R paxs who leave from T3 while the same F paxs traveling from T2 will not enjoy the same facility as easily.
                  Not too strange, I think. T2's facilities were a legacy from another era's travel realities. The ones in T3 recognize that SQ faces more competition for the really lucrative long-haul and major intra-Asia (e.g., HKG, NRT) premium passengers than on the other routes.

In any case, I thought regional F pax besides those heading to KUL, if they don't mind the train between T2 and T3, could have access to the T3 A+ Lounge? Maybe I my recall is faulty.
                  Last edited by jjpb3; 13 January 2008, 11:23 PM.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

By the way, any shower facility and toilets in the lounge yet?
                    Not when I was there on Sat night. Was told it'll be by end of the week.

Also, thanks to the very nice dragon, I got a guided tour of F with a C BP.

Comment

More greetings from T3 SKL F.

I agree with most of the above.

The dedicated check-in area is nice, but was very busy this morning. A queue of about 20 pax in front of us. Took about 20 minutes to get through.
                      Dedicated passport check was excellent - VS now have this at LHR too, with x-ray screening as well (no x-ray at gates in LHR.)

Lounge is underwhelming I feel. No grand entrance to the F part - "turn right, go down the corridor, and left at the end"...
                      Quite open-plan, but in desperate need of some colour! What is it with SQ and brown. Isn't time to update and use another colour somewhere. Perhaps a fleck of green, or the odd painting even. Not a single picture on any walls in here. Poor reading selection. Food seems not bad this morning, and the coffee machine makes a nice latte. Wireless internet fine. Continual PA reminders of "30 minute rule of boarding"..

Are SQ not making the most of this opportunity? Do they need to visit the LHR VS Clubhouse to see what they should be aiming to surpass?

Comment

Latest update....Showers (told there will only be max. 4 cubicles) and Toilets inside the SKL are scheduled to open at the end of today - Jan. 14, 2008. (They are still working on it at the moment)

The business section computers room are located behind the main front desk. This can be classified as a general area. There are now 7 iMac's and 15 NEC's in this area. Inside F section, there will only be 2 computers but F paxs are welcome to use the computer in the business section as this is very close to the F section entrance.

By the way, there is also a lounge dragon positioned just before the entrance to the F section.

The A+ area is still now behind closed door. This is the one with the real tarmac view. I am told it is all ready but cannot be operational yet because management have not yet agreed on the access policy to this area.

Is this F lounge better than SKL F at T2? I believe yes but only slightly and that's mainly due to the nice bar and dining area. The chairs however are not as comfortable as those at SKL T2. The lounge is missing sofas - nice ones like those at The Pier in Hong Kong.

Will this lounge improve over time? Yes, I believe so but with the current design scheme I don't believe this lounge will ever have a true first class ambience. For this, I am quite disappointed with SQ.

I surely hope the A+ lounge is much better than this. Better yet, SQ should just combine the A+ area (which will be accessed via this F section anyway) into this F area to improve the general ambience in the lounge.
                        Last edited by UMD; 14 January 2008, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                          With the disappointment that everyone seems to have with this new F lounge, I think SQ had better heed your suggestion so the overall rating for this lounge can be improved.

Comment

With the disappointment that everyone seems to have with this new F lounge, I think SQ had better heed your suggestion so the overall rating for this lounge can be improved.
                            I agree too. SQ should really think twice on the access rules, it would certainly cause more uproar.

Comment

The A+ area is still now behind closed door. This is the one with the real tarmac view. I am told it is all ready but cannot be operational yet because management have not yet agreed on the access policy to this area.
                              That explains why nobody is really sure what the situation will be, so there is a glimmer of hope for us TPP's yet. Although looking at the last 12months I know which way my money would be going...

It would make much more sense (to me anyway ) to just open it all up with the current F lounge and make it one big huge and excellent First Class lounge. It's all but connected anyway and it's supposed to be as big as the current F lounge.

I believe they have employed 5 or 6 chefs to work exclusively in this 'A+' lounge as there will be a full a la carte menu available with waiter service etc.

Come on SQ, do the right thing for you loyal pax, for a change...

Comment

Impressive C section, Chef at the Food Station, No Slumberette at the T3 SKL

In my opinion the business class section of the lounge is very impressive. It is a major improvement than the one at T2. SQ has done a great job here. Food selection is indeed a lot more than what is being offered at the F side and the dining area is huge as well. However, the F side now actually has chef working at the food station (for wonton noodle and pasta) from the morning until around 1130pm.

By the way, there is no and will be no slumberette at either side of the SKL at T3.

Back on the F side again, I wish SQ would replace some of those individual chairs (not very comfortable) with some nice comfy sofas. Expensive looking sofas will definitely improve the ambience of the lounge.

Comment

Working...
                                X