Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No need to remove liquids from your bags at Changi, apparently..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No need to remove liquids from your bags at Changi, apparently..

This is what I was told by a staff member at security last week when emptying my bag to put them through the scanner. This would be news to me I have to say....

I've never removed my liquids before, nor have they ever kicked up a fuss. They're much more particular about laptops/iPads, in my experience.

Comment

Thought the rules are more dependent on the planes destination, pretty sure flights to Australia & US still have the liquid restrictions.

Comment

They say no need, then after past x ray machine they say take out for verification.... so frustrating ..... I will take the pack out whether they say no need take out or not....
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I believe the 100ml rule still applies.

Usually the SSU (Security Screening Unit) will ask the passengers to drink the water right then and there or empty it and to refill it inside the gate hold room.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Changi seems more lenient (or lax) on the security side, or at least it was due to the fact that I was travelling with young kids. I had a recent trip to HKT. On the return trip, the HKT side detected and confiscated a metal fork, which went un-noticed or allowed through at SIN.

Comment

Dude... What have you done with the real MAN Flyer?

Comment

I have never removed any of the liquids, gels, or paste from my carry-on for ages now in Changi before entering the waiting lounge. As long as they are all in a less than 100 ml containers, I have never removed them and had them asked to be taken out again for re-inspection.

It is amazing that for someone who could almost consider SIN as his second home can still miss this and thus,

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                this is funny.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, I was actually asked to keep my laptop and ipad inside its case. Normally they would request for those items to be removed and scanned separately, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post

Quite!. How many times must I have departed on a flight from Changi since the liquids ban came in ?.

I have to say I am far from the only one still removing my liquids, and doesn't it make a mockery of supposedly 'international standards'. This of course from the airport that regularly sets up security on arrival and makes me take my laptop out of my bag when I have completed my flight.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                      Changi seems more lenient (or lax) on the security side, or at least it was due to the fact that I was travelling with young kids. I had a recent trip to HKT. On the return trip, the HKT side detected and confiscated a metal fork, which went un-noticed or allowed through at SIN.
                      actually find this odd - as SQ meals are served with metal fork and knife for most of its flights.

Comment

Take 2-3 flights a month from Changi. Never once been asked to remove liquids.

Comment

Wasn't asked to remove in SIN and BKK yday

Comment

Working...
                          X