Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New T4 to have centralised security/Segregated pax on arrival and departure

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ecurity-checks

The first SQTalker that correctly identifies the biggest problem with the segregation gets a big fat kiss from me!

hint: it's related to a question asked time and time and time again on many a Fora.

In my mind, the inconvenient bit are for transiting pax who will need to exit and re-enter the sterile area, worse if you're late for a connecting flight. The key, I guess, is the distance one has to walk from the plane to the exit point. I've done the long walks in DXB and LHR and it can be a pain if in a hurry.

Not sure if having a special expedited security queue will help.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      The first SQTalker that correctly identifies the biggest problem with the segregation gets a big fat kiss from me!

hint: it's related to a question asked time and time and time again on many a Fora.
      Is there a fast-track / priority queue for the DYKWIA crowd....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Is there a fast-track / priority queue for the DYKWIA crowd....
        Nope. that's not it. The oft asked question relates to SKL's...

Comment

its exactly the same as before in the previous Budget terminal where it has the centralised security checks and separation of departing and arriving passengnew ers. Nothing new here. The main thing is that it is now not referred to as a budget terminal and that it have aerobridges - altho from earlier reports it mentioned that it only have 4 aerobridges for bigger aircraft like the A330s. This seems insufficient as now Cathay Pacific is using this T4 when it is ready and currently one can see 2 and even 3 CX planes in the terminal 1 at the same time. In the future if Scoot and Tiger would to be persuaded to use T4, then the 4 aerobridges for twin aisle planes will not be sufficient.

Comment

Can one raid the lounges before going into the city?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              Can one raid the lounges before going into the city?
              I believe that's the one.
              Prepare to receive your kiss

Comment

Yep - that's the one. A very oft asked question:

"I'm arriving on SQ 123 in F and Departing on SQ999 in F 29 hours later. Can i access the SKL, drink it dry, have a shower, finish up all the hot water, run the internet bandwidth into the ground, then clear immigration, wander around town buying fake DVD's and then come back to the airport?"

Ok I've embellished it a bit, but this thing can't happen anymore with the new T4 system.

Comment

Fortunately we won't have that problem flying SQ at least until T5 is complete.

Comment

Yep - that's the one. A very oft asked question:

"I'm arriving on SQ 123 in F and Departing on SQ999 in F 29 hours later. Can i access the SKL, drink it dry, have a shower, finish up all the hot water, run the internet bandwidth into the ground, then clear immigration, wander around town buying fake DVD's and then come back to the airport?"

Ok I've embellished it a bit, but this thing can't happen anymore with the new T4 system.
                    Someone must have thought that with CX as the only FSC currently signing up for T4, this problem would be relatively non-existent since much of CX traffic would be O&D passengers.

On a positive note, this probably means that I can now snuck 4 bottles of water up my flight from the CX lounge if I depart from T4 come 2017.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but I heard KE is scheduled for T4 move too.

Also, I don't like T4's concepts. The only good thing is centralised security check, but it made sense that the sacrifice that should be made is arriving/departing passengers' segregation. I wonder how they will connect to T1-3 (heard that it was by bus to T2, but with the concept of segregation of passenger, I'm not sure)

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                        Correct me if I am wrong, but I heard KE is scheduled for T4 move too.
                        Yup, so is VN. That makes the total number of FSCs in T4 to 3.
                        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Working...
                        X