[SIN] Dnata Lounge in T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIN] Dnata Lounge in T3

Hello everyone...No I have not resumed travel yet (Still chillaxing in SG...). Here are just a few pictures of the Dnata Lounge in T3 from a trip earlier in the year, in August, which I visited before flying QR's A350 to DOH and DXB.

Entrance area.

Seating...

Open area seating, in the airside atrium of T3. Not a large area, but airy and pleasant.

F&B...

Dim sum...

Wines...

Showers...

And work area...

Smaller, and not as impressive as the new Dnata Lounge in T1, but still a decent lounge to visit.

Like scooby5, I think the Dnata T3 Lounge compares very favourably to the SQ Krisflyer Gold Lounge nearby.
    Last edited by yflyer; 27 December 2015, 12:41 PM.

Thank you - Interesting. A differing opinion from ours.

We were there about three weeks ago also on a QR itinerary. It seemed very tatty, with unkempt looking furnishings, and very limited F&B. It was certainly not in keeping with QR's own offerings in DOH and LHR. Fair enough SIN is an outstation, but we felt it badly let QR down in what seems a developing market for them.

The QF lounge (a walk away but worth it) was closed in the morning, so no other choice for us. We went shopping after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
      Thank you - Interesting. A differing opinion from ours.

We were there about three weeks ago also on a QR itinerary. It seemed very tatty, with unkempt looking furnishings, and very limited F&B. It was certainly not in keeping with QR's own offerings in DOH and LHR. Fair enough SIN is an outstation, but we felt it badly let QR down in what seems a developing market for them.
      Actually, I don't think our opinions differ too much. Upon reflection, I do agree that the Dnata T3 lounge is no longer new, and the F&B is quite limited. Not a lounge I go out of my way to visit.

I have not been to the QR LHR lounge, but the QR Al Mourjan lounge in DOH is in a league of it's own to me (I find it much better than SQ's own J Lounge in T3). The QR Business Lounge in DOH is pretty good too, although it cannot compare to Al Mourjan (Oneworld Sapphire etc cannot use Al Mourjan when flying Y. There is a separate lounge, the QR Business Lounge, for that.)

I think my statement that the Dnata Lounge in T3 compares favourably with the Krisflyer Elite Gold Lounge, reflects more the fact that I find the KF EG Lounge very bland and uninspired. I think many travellers may prefer the SIA KF EG Lounge because it is larger and newer, with maybe a slightly larger F&B selection. I personally would not even head into the KF EG lounge on my trips unless I badly needed a free coffee or a free drink, or an empty workstation to work on.

Dnata is a generic/shared lounge, and I tend to have lower expectations of generic/shared lounges. SIA's KF EG Lounge is in their home base and flagship airport -- no excuse for doing such a mediocre job.

The new Dnata T1 lounge is better, though.

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
      The QF lounge (a walk away but worth it) was closed in the morning, so no other choice for us. We went shopping after a while.
      The QF Lounge is my favourite in the whole of Changi at the moment.
      Last edited by yflyer; 28 December 2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X