No announcement yet.

Anyone at the F1 Grand Prix this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone at the F1 Grand Prix this year?

Any impressions of this year's race, compared to previous years?

I know folks seem to be enjoying the concerts. Spandau Ballet and Maroon5 seem to have been very well attended. I am sure Bon Jovi this evening will be a big hit as well.

Will be there this evening to take some pics. I'm not a F1 fan though.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Will be there this evening to take some pics. I'm not a F1 fan though.
      Enjoy yourself! At least on television, there appear to be fewer spectators walking around, although the grandstands look quite full. Is it as crowded as previous years?

Comment

The Singapore GP is a great spectacle to watch with all the air shots of it all lit up etc and I am sure it does wonders for Singapore image as a tourist destination, but the races themselves are never great due to the circuit.

Having said that, the guy who got on the track spiced things up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          The Singapore GP is a great spectacle to watch with all the air shots of it all lit up etc and I am sure it does wonders for Singapore image as a tourist destination, but the races themselves are never great due to the circuit.

Having said that, the guy who got on the track spiced things up a bit.
          Yup...the race itself is never one to excite the track connoisseurs, but the thrills, spills and other distractions do add to the entertainment value, not to mention the Bon Jovi concert at the end!

Comment

The race was so boring that I fell asleep on my sofa while watching..... about the most exciting happening will be a man walking on the track...... otherwise boring Vettel won the race!!!!!.....
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Viva Vettel , Viva Ferrari , and of course Viva the intruder

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                ...not to mention the Bon Jovi concert at the end!
                Were you there? I queued up early to be at the front - was sitting at the Padang from 3PM.
                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                  Were you there? I queued up early to be at the front - was sitting at the Padang from 3PM.
                  Nope...I wasn't there. Watched the Grand Prix on TV from the comfort of my living room.

The Bon Jovi concert must have been something, though. A rare opportunity to listen to a legend live...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                    Enjoy yourself! At least on television, there appear to be fewer spectators walking around, although the grandstands look quite full. Is it as crowded as previous years?
                    I can't compare numbers from previous years, yflyer, as I don't really follow the sport. But here are some photos I took this year and it does show a good crowd.

Comment

^ Excellent shots! Curious as to what camera you used here?

Comment

Originally posted by bluetear View Post
                        ^ Excellent shots! Curious as to what camera you used here?
                        Thanks, bluetear. I used a Canon 5d3 paired with a 70-200mm lens.

Comment

Very nice photos, CarbonMan!

Comment

Beautiful shots, CarbonMan.

I'm so impressed that despite the haze, you managed to get such clear, sharp shots.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer
                              Originally posted by KC* View Post
                              Beautiful shots, CarbonMan.

I'm so impressed that despite the haze, you managed to get such clear, sharp shots.

Thank you! I hope Natgeo will think likewise and hire me and my dream retirement can start. In March one of my pics was selected for print in the Krisflyer mag and I was thrilled to bits even though it was hardly larger than 5cm!

Comment

Working...
                              X