Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost and Found - How long will they hold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost and Found - How long will they hold?

Hello Community!

Thank you very much for all the facscinating contributions and knowledge!

At the end of the month I have a flight from Manila to Colombo with a stopover at Changi.

The flight from Manila lands in the night (11PM Something @ T1) and the flight to Colombo leaves Next Day night (8PM something @ T3). I plan to sleepover at the Airside and then clear immigration in the morning, and then go out into the City and come back in the evening to catch my flight to Colombo.

I understand if my luggage is not collected on time, then it will be moved to the Lost and Found Counter. But how long will they hold it there?

1) Can I pick up my luggage from the Lost & Found once I'm back from the City next day evening? Or thats a bad idea? (Alternatively, should I collect it in the morning and then leave it at the paid storage area - is it more safer?). what would be the most reliable way to do this?

2) The connection flight is about 21 hours apart. Will I be able to connect-throught my luggage / interlink my luggage, so I dont have to worry about luggage collection? (The negative about this is, if I do any shopping in the city, then I'll have to hand carry it. If any liquids/cabin prohibited items, then I'm in trouble).

Thanks in Advance!!

Originally posted by shafraz View Post
    Hello Community!

Thank you very much for all the facscinating contributions and knowledge!

At the end of the month I have a flight from Manila to Colombo with a stopover at Changi.

The flight from Manila lands in the night (11PM Something @ T1) and the flight to Colombo leaves Next Day night (8PM something @ T3). I plan to sleepover at the Airside and then clear immigration in the morning, and then go out into the City and come back in the evening to catch my flight to Colombo.

I understand if my luggage is not collected on time, then it will be moved to the Lost and Found Counter. But how long will they hold it there?

1) Can I pick up my luggage from the Lost & Found once I'm back from the City next day evening? Or thats a bad idea? (Alternatively, should I collect it in the morning and then leave it at the paid storage area - is it more safer?). what would be the most reliable way to do this?

2) The connection flight is about 21 hours apart. Will I be able to connect-throught my luggage / interlink my luggage, so I dont have to worry about luggage collection? (The negative about this is, if I do any shopping in the city, then I'll have to hand carry it. If any liquids/cabin prohibited items, then I'm in trouble).

Thanks in Advance!!
    Hi shafraz! Looks like you will have enough time for a good look around Singapore!

If you intend to spend the night in the airport resting, agree that the airside area is probably better than landside. That said, there are many hotel options (ranging from budget to high end) that may be worth considering for one night, even if you arrive at 11pm. As you know, Singapore is a very compact city, and the odds are that you would be in your hotel within an hour or so of arrival (The only caveat being that taxi charges go up after midnight).

I would try to through-check my luggage all the way through to Colombo if at all possible. I doubt many people would have tried leaving luggage at the carousel for it to be picked up by lost & found. I don't have an answer for you on that point. If I can't check it through, I would personally not take the risk and just collect the luggage upon arrival, then leave it with the "Left Luggage" service, rather than collect it so much later after arrival (But I'm risk averse.).

By the way, if you think you can last a night without sleep (or defer your sleep till later), Mustafa's, a massive department store in Little India (Known for good value and low prices) is open 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
    X