National Day festivities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Day festivities

What time are these fly pasts etc supposed to be happening on 9 August ?. I am in Saigon on the 8th and would usually come back through Changi and go home on SQ328 so if there is anything I could catch I may pop my head in town.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    What time are these fly pasts etc supposed to be happening on 9 August ?. I am in Saigon on the 8th and would usually come back through Changi and go home on SQ328 so if there is anything I could catch I may pop my head in town.
    The flypast occur 6ish

Comment

One of the best places to watch the flypasts (and fireworks) is from the pool on top of the Marina Bay Sands. You are actually looking down at the fireworks, and the planes fly overhead so low that you could swear that you could feel the heat from those F15 afterburners...

Comment

I was on my way to Suntec on June 27th and saw the planes from the overhead bridge link to Shaw Leisure Gallery at 5:45pm (already in the "50" formation) probably waiting for the cue to make their entrance.

At 6.15pm, I was at Tower 4 near the roundabout fountain, that was when you could hear the jets screaming overhead.

Comment

The lights they have put up approaching, around and under the South Cross as you leave Changi are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            One of the best places to watch the flypasts (and fireworks) is from the pool on top of the Marina Bay Sands. You are actually looking down at the fireworks, and the planes fly overhead so low that you could swear that you could feel the heat from those F15 afterburners...
            Thought it was a tad of exaggeration about that afterburners, but I can attest to your comments after personally experiencing it. I did feel that heat and the unmistakeable smell of jet blast. Simply adrenaline inducing rush.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
              Thought it was a tad of exaggeration about that afterburners, but I can attest to your comments after personally experiencing it. I did feel that heat and the unmistakeable smell of jet blast. Simply adrenaline inducing rush.
              This pic from the RSAF Facebook page is probably partly an optical illusion caused by the telephoto lens, but it is an amazing picture nonetheless...

https://www.facebook.com/TheRSAF/pho...type=3&theater

Comment

FYI,

airspace will be closed from 625pm to 710pm. try to touchdown before 6 in case of en route delays. anyway. most of the airlines were told not to schedule arrivals into changi during that period.

from a friend in ATC.... I was booked on a flight to arrive 7.30 pm,.... change to an earlier flight so as not to be delayed landing due to the back log...
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
                  For the last several weeks these guys have been flying low over my house, so close I could see the pilot.

Not only were they low, they decided to go through a curve at the time, and what throttle full forward with after burners and the rest....... pointing right into my main rooms window Nice to look at but almost rattled my windows to pieces.

Comment

I'd love to go to your house for NDP

Comment

Well, Friday was a bust......... went to the flyer to see the Black Knights and about 30s before they were due to start, the skies opened up and that was it. A few circles at low altitude because of thunder clouds and after 10min we were running for cover, totally soaked.

With an idea after lunch to visit the ArtScience Museum that was a bust as well given a 4-5hr queue for entry. The queue we could see started at the museum, into MBS Shoppes at one end, and finished completely at the other, next to Gordon Ramsey's kitchen. Crazy!

At least we weren't one of those stuck for 8-10hrs trying to cross into Malaysia via Tuas. The queue to enter Malaysia started about 1.5km inside Singapore, at Tiger brewery.

Today, a much better day at the Sports Hub.

Looking forward to getting back to work on Tuesday for a rest.

Comment

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!

Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                        X