No announcement yet.

GA to EK connection (separate tickets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA to EK connection (separate tickets)

Hi there,

I have an upcoming connection at SIN going from GA C (arriving around 6PM on a Tuesday) to EK F. at around Total connection time is 3 hours 5 minutes. No checked bags.

Normally I wouldn't sweat this connection at all, but separate tickets always make me a bit nervous. I've emailed EK and they've noted in my PNR that I'll be coming off of the GA flight, though not sure if that helps me at all.

Would you be nervous booking this connection, or should that be plenty of time?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by lm225 View Post
    Hi there,

I have an upcoming connection at SIN going from GA C (arriving around 6PM on a Tuesday) to EK F. at around Total connection time is 3 hours 5 minutes. No checked bags.

Normally I wouldn't sweat this connection at all, but separate tickets always make me a bit nervous. I've emailed EK and they've noted in my PNR that I'll be coming off of the GA flight, though not sure if that helps me at all.

Would you be nervous booking this connection, or should that be plenty of time?

Thanks in advance!
    I wouldn't sweat it. Of course, there could be a hundred reasons why your GA flight could arrive late. And since you're in F on EK, am sure they will do something for you on the next available flight.

Comment

Originally posted by lm225 View Post
      I've emailed EK and they've noted in my PNR that I'll be coming off of the GA flight, though not sure if that helps me at all.
      It doesn't actually help. You read a lot about people hoping to put notes, or "merge bookings"

The former, is possible - as an INFO Segment - carries zero weight, and means nothing apart from some info, which may or may not be useful to an agent depending on how proactive he or she is.

Merging bookings (I realise you didn't mention it, but just thought i'd throw it in the ring) - is impossible. Period.

The only thing you need to refer to is the EK First ticket fare rules on no-shows. It's a fallacy that all First tickets are always flexible and full fare - double check that, and if it's not too punitive, all the better.

Having said all that - A 3 hour connection like yours? in SIN? Very acceptable risk level to me even without considering what rules the EK ticket has.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        I wouldn't sweat it. Of course, there could be a hundred reasons why your GA flight could arrive late. And since you're in F on EK, am sure they will do something for you on the next available flight.
        Thanks...here's to hoping!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          It doesn't actually help. You read a lot about people hoping to put notes, or "merge bookings"

The former, is possible - as an INFO Segment - carries zero weight, and means nothing apart from some info, which may or may not be useful to an agent depending on how proactive he or she is.

Merging bookings (I realise you didn't mention it, but just thought i'd throw it in the ring) - is impossible. Period.

The only thing you need to refer to is the EK First ticket fare rules on no-shows. It's a fallacy that all First tickets are always flexible and full fare - double check that, and if it's not too punitive, all the better.

Having said all that - A 3 hour connection like yours? in SIN? Very acceptable risk level to me even without considering what rules the EK ticket has.
          Yep, was under no delusion that EK would hold the plane because there was a note in my booking, or that separate PNR's from different airlines could actually be merged.

It's actually a partner award ticket, so probably at the lowest rung of priority and flexibility

With that said, I think I'll stick with it. As you say, it seems acceptable at an airport like SIN.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X