LKY confirmed to have passed away at the age of 91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LKY confirmed to have passed away at the age of 91

Started with Pneumonia last month and he has deteriorated this week. I didn't even know he was in hospital until I saw it on CNN a few days ago.

You forgotten to read local news!

Comment

Nope. There is nothing about it in my local news.

Comment

But there is now on our national news about his passing.

I know he split opinion a little locally over recent years, but he was very highly though of internationally including in the UK and what has been created in Singapore in such a short time, relatively speaking, is nothing short of incredible.
        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 23 March 2015, 05:09 AM.

Comment

A truly remarkable man.

Comment

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32012346

Indeed a remarkable man whose transformation of Singapore was incredible and influential.

Rest in peace.

Comment

Last night's bank of European flights would have left before his passing - and as of now, 9.38 SIN time, have not landed. I wonder if they announced it aboard?

RIP in any case.

Comment

RIP

A great man who transformed Singapore

Comment

Just saw a short interview with SIA Chairman Stephen Lee on CNA, who spoke about how Mr LKY saw the importance of Singapore as a well-connected hub in order for economic growth etc. and how Mr LKY held SQ dear to his heart. He also shared an anecdote about how he could not answer Mr LKY when asked which airports worldwide, beyond those SIA was planning to serve, were A380-ready around 2006/2007, illustrating how detail-oriented Mr LKY was.

Singapore's well-regarded airline and air hub status is just one of Mr LKY's legacy. RIP.
                  Last edited by Jumbojet Lover; 23 March 2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

RIP Emeritus Professor LKY, you will be dearly missed.

A great man is not missed, but cherished for the future. Your meritocratic exceptional work has benefitted us, for without you there will be no me.

Thank you
                    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Love him or hate him for the policies he has implemented over years, he has left an indelible psyche on Singaporeans and other residents of Singapore. Singapore stood out amongst the nations in the region because of his vision and his tenacity to implement them through his choice of capable lieutenants.

May he rest in peace.

Comment

Much of S'pore turns out to pay our last respect for him.

The queue to do so is nothing short of amazing and a testament of how much he meant to so many of us.

http://youtu.be/2Y2OFEcL0xQ

Comment

The man who built Singapore and also Singapore Airlines will protect the name at all cost....

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/art...-troublemakers

He is ruthless as far as the country is concerned....
                          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

An emotional week. Thank you, Mr Lee.

Photo of the Padang by photographer Ruey Loon. This was shared on his public Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/rueyloonpho...type=1&theater

Comment

so much to say, so little words to contain,
                              from 1-room HDB to a private condo,
                              from uneducated parents to a PhD son,
                              and so much more, looking around me,
                              thank you just seems so little.

Comment

Working...
                              X