Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay-Per-Use Lounges at Changi Airport

Good day all!

I have an overnight flight coming up and about three hours to spare at Changi Airport. I have been doing some research online about the paid lounges at Changi but not much info comes up (e.g. pricing / quality , etc.) about the various lounges.

There are:

1. The Rainforest Lounge at T1
    2. The Ambassador Transit Lounge at T2
    3. The Ambassador Transit Lounge at T3
    4. The Haven by Jetquay at T3

I might have missed a few out there... Did I not search thoroughly enough?

For all you frequent fliers out there, may I know which paid lounge offers the best value for a three-hour stay? The usage of shower facilities in the lounge would also be much enjoyed (if the lounge offers it, though) before my flight.

Would also be great if I could get an approximate cost for a two/three hour stay and what I could possibly expect there. Thank you!

I must admit I'm relatively new here and I'm not an expert on pay lounges at Changi, I did try a few out not too long ago out of curiosity (free using priority pass).

For the showers, I think both the Rainforest and Ambassador lounges have them but I can't say about details like whether there's usually a wait or not or other things like water pressure as I haven't used them myself.

IIRC, none of the above lounges had free alcohol I think, which was probably the reason why I left in such a hurry from all of them.

I reckon though if your stay is relatively short (under 2 hours), it is probably better if you didn't bother with the above lounges unless you are able to get in for free as I just don't think its worth the price/value.

Having a look at the Ambassador Transit Hotel website, it appears that lounge entries are S$30 plus $8 for a shower. This probably makes it not worth it even for the long layovers either.

Comment

1. The Rainforest Lounge at T1

OK to give it a miss. limited selection of food. Showers are ok. But the decor renders the place kinda dark and gloomy (at least to me). IIRC they do have massages and spa and there are quite a number of shower cubicles. Do note that for the shower cubicles & toilets it seem to be unisex; had a shock when I came out of the cubicles with only a towel wrapped around my waist to see ladies walking around. Wished the staff had informed me earlier.

2. and 3. Ambassador Transit Lounge at T2 and T3
      Both are a lot better with more selection of foods and drinks. Not sure about the showers at T2, but at T3, there were only 2 shower cubicles and one of them had a broken tap. (As of my last visit on 16Apr). Massage chairs available for use.

4. The Haven
      Yet to try. Is this the new land-side one?

For the Rainforest Lounge, my entrance was complimentary from my Diners Club credit card.
      Ambassador Transit Lounge @ T2, my entrance was complimentary as I was flying TransAsia business class last year May.
      Ambassador Transit Lounge @ T3, my entrance was complimentary from my AMEX credit card.

So sorry, can't help with regards to the cost.

Comment

anyone with info on the cost of using 1? will like to use one while on transit in changi too.

Comment

The PP lounges have a maximum stay time, but I'm not sure if/how it's enforced.

As an alternative to a lounge, assuming that OP will not be at SIN in the middle of the night, OP could pay to use the swimming pool. Admission includes a shower and a nonalcoholic beverage; IIRC they can provide swimsuit and towel. This could be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
            The PP lounges have a maximum stay time, but I'm not sure if/how it's enforced.

As an alternative to a lounge, assuming that OP will not be at SIN in the middle of the night, OP could pay to use the swimming pool. Admission includes a shower and a nonalcoholic beverage; IIRC they can provide swimsuit and towel. This could be fun.
            Oh cool! They provide swimsuits? I've always thought I had to bring my own one and the thought of having a soggy swimsuit in my carry on and stinking everything up with chlorine in the process deterred me from visiting the swimming pool!

Comment

For Terminal 1 Lounges, is the Skyview Lounge still preferred over the Rainforest Lounge.

I won't have time to hop over to T2 for the Green Market lounge.

Changi airport's website shows that there is a Green Market situated at T1 too, but I do not remember seeing it. Is this new?

Comment

The escalator up to the T1 Green Market is close to area marked TRANSFER C, to the left of the map below, near the Skytrain (and linkway) to T3:

http://www.changiairportgroup.com/ex...T1-Transit.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                  The escalator up to the T1 Green Market is close to area marked TRANSFER C, to the left of the map below, near the Skytrain (and linkway) to T3:

http://www.changiairportgroup.com/ex...T1-Transit.pdf
                  Wow. Good to know. So is the menu the same and the food quality similar to the one at T2?

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
                    Wow. Good to know. So is the menu the same and the food quality similar to the one at T2?
                    I have personally not been inside, typically using SKL or EK, QF or SATS. I recall several pple did reviews; maybe try Googling SQTalk and Green Market?

Afternote: ok, I just did what I instructed: see
                    a. http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10388
                    b. http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10284

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                      I have personally not been inside, typically using SKL or EK, QF or SATS. I recall several pple did reviews; maybe try Googling SQTalk and Green Market?

Afternote: ok, I just did what I instructed: see
                      a. http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10388
                      b. http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10284
                      Thanks. Will do just that.

Comment

The Skyview Lounge is still preferred over the Rainforest Lounge, imho

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          The Skyview Lounge is still preferred over the Rainforest Lounge, imho
                          Thanks Kyo,

Was not able to find the review you did of the Green Market T1. How would you rate it over the Skyview?

Comment

SkyView is reasonably nice. If it seems crowded, look for seats with tarmac views behind the food service area on the entry level to the left of the reception desk. Alternatively, go up the short flight of stairs ar the far end of that area (near the restrooms and showers) and you will find a much larger area, with more food and drinks, and multiple seating areas as well as lots of reading matter. More than half of the lounge is really hidden in the upstairs area which I didn't realize existed the first few times I used the lounge.

Comment

My take on The Green Market way back then is here...

"You get to choose from a short variety of drinks - I normally go for the tea (will take a look at the menu for you tomorrow and see if I can grab a quick shot of it).

Salad + dessert bar are combined into one 'medium'-sized bar. Table-served food is included in the cover charge (if you're using one of the cards, like Priority Pass or currently, if you're paying with Diners).

You can also order off the considerably more extensive ala-carte menu. Pricey stuff..."'
                              I use the SkyView far more often than The Green Market. Food variety never really changed, so I got bored. Sometimes I just need a shower, not food, so SkyView it is...

Comment

Working...
                              X