Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BA poised to resume Jakarta flights via Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA poised to resume Jakarta flights via Singapore?

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...akarta-flights

Considering the fares/yields that both SQ & GA are achieving, I'd imagine BA should be able to make this profitable and worthwhile.

Comment

Not a matter of if but when. They have already moved the timings in and out of SIN to accomodate the hop to CGK.

I wonder what the fares will be like. Shame they stopped awarding full long haul tier points for the add ons.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        I wonder what the fares will be like. Shame they stopped awarding full long haul tier points for the add ons.
        Not entirely true:

LHR-DME is less than 1,600 miles and still gets you full tier points, e.g. 210 TP in First Class.

Let's wait and see whether they give full TP as an additional benefit to fly them instead of SQ...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          Not entirely true:

LHR-DME is less than 1,600 miles and still gets you full tier points, e.g. 210 TP in First Class.

Let's wait and see whether they give full TP as an additional benefit to fly them instead of SQ...
          I was talking about add on flights, LHR-DME is not an add on. I think that's the only one that get full points despite being less than the required distance. They used to give full tier points for the likes of BAH-DOH, ANU-TAB etc. I'll be very (and pleasantly) surprised if they gave long haul tier points for SIN-CGK.

Comment

Good news!

Comment

So, how will their pricing be?

Shortest BA F flight?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

Shortest BA F flight?
                It wouldn't have been a few years ago as I have flown BAH-DOH in F and that was under 100 miles but not sure if they still have F on that route. There are a number of short Caribbean add on flights from place like ANU but they are ex-LGW and I think only BGI ex-LGW gets and F cabin these days, and always in very poor condition when we used to go there each year with a 241.

It might be the shortest with pax but definitely not the shortest flight on BA metal with an F cabin as I saw a 777 depart CWL a few weeks ago on it's way back to LHR. It took less runway that the KL flight to AMS that left before it and went up like a rocket.

Comment

Ethiopian to Singapore

Hi folks, look at this flight report from one of my friends... who would fly KQ if they keep this old fart 767 continuing from BKK to SIN

http://flight-report.com/en/report-4914.html

Comment

KQ started flying to SIN??

Comment

First of all, that's Kenya Airways (KQ) and not Ethiopian...

Second, what does this have to do with BA flying SIN-CGK vv?

Comment

I wonder what the fares will be like.
                        There are a number of short Caribbean add on flights...
                        I'm wondering this as well. Gotta get those 4 segments. Caribbean is USD$465 return in whY.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                        X