Changi Transit Q / immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changi Transit Q / immigration

Have done this in the past but not in recent years....If I arrive in Sin at 1720, and have a connecting flight at 1000 the next day (bags checked through to final destination, and should have onward BP), can I leave the airport to go into town, and later go through immigration to get airside again say around 2300? I want to stay overnight at the transit hotel to catch my onward flight the next day.

Sure. Just walk out. I've done it a few times. Since you're in town why not consider staying in town instead of the transit hotel. After all, its just a 30min ride to the airport.

Edit: The last time I did this was in late May 2013 if you are wondering. SQ->SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
      Have done this in the past but not in recent years....If I arrive in Sin at 1720, and have a connecting flight at 1000 the next day (bags checked through to final destination, and should have onward BP), can I leave the airport to go into town, and later go through immigration to get airside again say around 2300? I want to stay overnight at the transit hotel to catch my onward flight the next day.
      Nothing wrong with doing that. What makes you think it would be a problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by dfs24 View Post
        Sure. Just walk out. I've done it a few times. Since you're in town why not consider staying in town instead of the transit hotel. After all, its just a 30min ride to the airport.

Edit: The last time I did this was in late May 2013 if you are wondering. SQ->SQ.
        Thanks

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Nothing wrong with doing that. What makes you think it would be a problem ?
        Just wanted to double check I guess I am passing through immigration to reenter airside with a BP for a following day flight ie entering at 11 pm for a flight at 10am next day.

Comment

I'll tell you why it could be a problem. If you don't have an onward BP, and the counters aren't open yet or the flight's not open for check in, you'll be stuck outside...

E.g. I've once tried at 1:30am upon landing (even in the transit area, and outside), to get a forward ticket on TG's first flight out. However, the flight wasn't open for check in. Thus no BP available, thus I had to go home and come back at 6am.

If you're on SQ, no problem...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I'll tell you why it could be a problem. If you don't have an onward BP, and the counters aren't open yet or the flight's not open for check in, you'll be stuck outside...
            I should have an onward BP otherwise I know it is not doable.

If you're on SQ, no problem...
            "SQ all the way" on one PNR

Comment

Working...
            X