Saw a BA 744 in SASCO hangar at Changi last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a BA 744 in SASCO hangar at Changi last week

Looked like the one with the OW livery. Has one gone serious tech or something, or are they now sending their birds all that way for maintenance ?.

Sitting at window seat (A), landing on 02L, is always fun for plane spotters.

Seen Delta & Air Canada being serviced there. Never seen BA though

Comment

Link below traces the movements of BA scheduled flights in and out of SIN:

http://www.ftdashboard.net/dest/sin.htm

See two holes on 9/3 and 27/3 which could be your 744 in question.

On a separate note, it's interesting to note that BA15/16 has gone 77W.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Looked like the one with the OW livery. Has one gone serious tech or something, or are they now sending their birds all that way for maintenance ?.

There was a very interesting program on BBC Knowledge here a week or two back, about the maintenance of a 744 at BA's facility in Cardiff. Something like five weeks top to tail, nut-by-nut inspection and an upgrade/replacement of all the carpet/seating etc.

Strange to need something more specific here and then why here and not through their partner CX? I'm pretty sure I saw a BA liveried 747 a week back when I came through as well.

Also strange given a report recently that BA are preparing the phase out schedule of the 747 in favour of 777s and A380s they should begin to get soon. Could it be these units are already offloaded by BA?

Comment

It frequently visits for maintenance purposes. With the likes of AC, DL, FX and JL seen in the hanger from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
            There was a very interesting program on BBC Knowledge here a week or two back, about the maintenance of a 744 at BA's facility in Cardiff. Something like five weeks top to tail, nut-by-nut inspection and an upgrade/replacement of all the carpet/seating etc.
            The missus' family live near CWL and when those BA widebodies are taking off on their way back to LHR they are up less than half way down the runway and go up like a rocket.

Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
            It frequently visits for maintenance purposes. With the likes of AC, DL, FX and JL seen in the hanger from time to time.
            I have seen the all those others numerous times at SASCO but that's the first time I've seen a BA bird there.

Comment

Working...
            X