Transfer from SIN to Conrad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer from SIN to Conrad

Looking at options for transfer into conrad from airport on Saturday (arrriving at 1500)

From look of things, taxi/mini limo is about $55 and the MRT is about $2 !

But the MRT website shows it as 35 minutes and 3 changes.

Is it hassle free and worth doing, or should i just accept it and get a taxi ?

I guess traffic could also make cabs take longer too...what is everyones experience ?

TIA

Dukesy
    (Ridiculously looking forward to weekend in SIN and first on sq)
    Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Get a taxi, pay $18-20, get there in 12-15 mins (without traffic jams). If jammed, add 5 minutes. $55 is for the maxi taxis when you have more than 4 pax.

I'm here now.

Comment

Oh no, Dukesy, unless you're a backpacker living on $10/day, I will not recommend the MRT. Dragging your luggage around and changing trains will completely spoil your Singapore experience before it can even begin! And the MRT will not get you anywhere near the Conrad. I ditto Kyo's comment.

Singapore's cab drivers now have a $7K a month quota, your patronage will certainly help them meet that target. (Sorry local joke)

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        Oh no, Dukesy, unless you're a backpacker living on $10/day, I will not recommend the MRT. Dragging your luggage around and changing trains will completely spoil your Singapore experience before it can even begin! And the MRT will not get you anywhere near the Conrad. I ditto Kyo's comment.

Singapore's cab drivers now have a $7K a month quota, your patronage will certainly help them meet that target. (Sorry local joke)
        Depends on how much luggage you have. It's two changes now: hop across the platform at Tanah Mera, then change lines to the Circle Line at Payar Lebar, exit at Promenade. Pretty much right outside the Conrad. I sometimes enjoy taking the MRT, for people watching.
        /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
          Depends on how much luggage you have. It's two changes now: hop across the platform at Tanah Mera, then change lines to the Circle Line at Payar Lebar, exit at Promenade. Pretty much right outside the Conrad. I sometimes enjoy taking the MRT, for people watching.
          But only if you have no luggage....
          Life's A Bitch,
          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Thanks Guys !

I misunderstood the "taxi" cost to be $55

Travelling with just one case, but taxi all the way ..didnt realise it was so little..

we MIGHT do the MRT on the way back though, just for the experience (no time constraints, no hurry) as people have told us it has to be experienced (we are used to London Underground!)

Thanks everyone !

I will do my best to my first SQ F TR on our return !!!
            Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Comment

I've done this trip more than any other in Singapore. Forget the MRT and take a taxi. As Kyo says, it will take around 15 mins, or 20 is it's busy around Suntec.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesy View Post
                we MIGHT do the MRT on the way back though, just for the experience (no time constraints, no hurry) as people have told us it has to be experienced (we are used to London Underground!)
                May I suggest that you pray hard that the MRT line is fully functional on the day you travel?

FYI, the First Class check-in is at the other opposite end of the terminal from the MRT station

Comment

we MIGHT do the MRT on the way back though, just for the experience (no time constraints, no hurry) as people have told us it has to be experienced (we are used to London Underground!) ...

Dukesy, you can try the MRT without luggage when you're traveling around in Singapore.

Comment

If it's your first time in Singapore, I'd say take a regular cab. Changi manages the cabs that come in well so it well so you rarely have to wait more than 5 minutes. It'll cost about $15 during the day and $20 past midnight.

If you don't have a lot of luggage and want to take a train, the Conrad is at Promenade Station.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                      If it's your first time in Singapore, I'd say take a regular cab. Changi manages the cabs that come in well so it well so you rarely have to wait more than 5 minutes. It'll cost about $15 during the day and $20 past midnight.

If you don't have a lot of luggage and want to take a train, the Conrad is at Promenade Station.
                      Depending on arrival time. There may be Q at taxi stand. Also, be prepared to add ERP charges if during office hours/weekday.

Comment

I concur with everyone here. Ditch the MRT and just take the taxi to get there in 15 minutes from Changi. Much less of a hassle (and often time) than taking three different trains.

Comment

Working...
                        X