Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas in Singapore

Hi All,

We'll be spending Christmas in Singapore this year. I'm wondering if anyone might have some recommendations for where to go for a traditional/European style Christmas lunch/dinner on Christmas Day? Happy to spend a bit of money, would want something pretty nice!

Thanks!

Rob

Any of the Hotels for their brunches. Always good fun, free flow champagne and food. Not cheap, but a mix of western and asian cuisine in a fun atmosphere. Some examples are Swiss Hotel, Fullerton, Conrad, Hyatt.

Comment

Be sure to see the lights and decorations on Orchard Road. Raffles City tends to have a giant talking Christmas tree among its other decorations. And I love the red, green, and gold wreaths that trim Raffles Hotel as well as its huge traditional real tree in the hotel lobby that selected staff members decorate in the middle of the night.

I interpret tha OP as asking not about brunch but more of a traditional Christmas dinner with ham, lamb, turkey, maybe goose, and extras like fruitcake, eggnog, and Christmas cookies. Again I would look toward a top hotel that's more traditional than boutique and probably British or American in style rather than Asian. However I don't have any specific suggestion.

Comment

If you can get yourself into the American Club (affiliation, friends?) at Scotts, you'll enjoy a really super traditional Christmas. The eggnog is to die for (in more ways than one). Very popular, so need to book early - and very reasonable.

I also hear that both the Ritz Carlton and the Conrad dish out quite a buffet - am sure they have some traditional dishes. It's expensive especially with champagne but the quality is excellent.

If you're religious, there will be many churches celebrating midnight services.

If you're still young ... there's the latest hip place called Avalon, right on the water in Marina Bay to dance your night away. If you're very young, you can also try Zouk and Butter Factory.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
          I interpret tha OP as asking not about brunch but more of a traditional Christmas dinner with ham, lamb, turkey, maybe goose, and extras like fruitcake, eggnog, and Christmas cookies. Again I would look toward a top hotel that's more traditional than boutique and probably British or American in style rather than Asian. However I don't have any specific suggestion.
          Actually, brunch is in Singapore is what the Sunday buffet lunches are called, it's not typical western brunch timing etc. They all start around 12pm, and go to 3-4pm. It happens every Sunday in Singapore, you get buffet food and champagne etc.

For Christmas Day you get all the usual western Christmas day food, plus the usual fare. I've been to a few different hotels for Christmas in the past and you will find typical western Christmas day fare if that's what you want.

As for British or Western style hotels, most of the major hotels here are in that style, plus they offer local cuisine etc, and they will mainly do brunches for Christmas day, not a specific ala carte sit down lunch. Hyatt, Fullerton, Hilton, Swiss Hotel etc, will all do Christmas brunches.

If you are after an ala carte experience that ONLY does western food, you will need to find a restaurant, not a hotel.

Comment

I would find it depressing to spend Christmas in a corporate hotel, personally!

I'd recommend the Alkaff Mansion Ristorante

An excellent Italian restaurant. Was there for Christmas last year. In a historical mansion on Telok Blangah Hill. Fantastic Italian food.. They pay attention to every single detail from the food to the ambiance and decor. They even claimed the drain covers in the garden were flown in from Sumatra to resemble the ones used in the mansion in the late 1800s.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys - probably going to go for dinner at Equinox and enjoy the amazing view! Went there for a drink last time we were in town but didn't eat here so thought we'd give that a try

Comment

Working...
              X