Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHG
    replied
    sometimes i wonder if i should bake a batch of muffins, much more calmer than the spread of emotional bullets i see flying around.

The runway and terminal extension plans were already in place as part of masterplan. Just a matter of when...

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
    Try this
    http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/f...ay-system.html

or my previous post - if you search hard enough.
    http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12456

You may not understand half of that according to your reply. But is ok, the video say it all.

Err, sorry but none of that has anything about your bizarre and still unsubstantiated claims about a 'failed' system and redesign of T1,2 & 3 required. And posting links in Chinese to an English language message board is another mark of genius. Added to that the top link is about a third runway at your beloved HKG that won't exist for at least another decade and I have got to go with Savage25 here ; what on earth are you smoking ?.

Leave a comment:

• scooby5
    replied
    Whilst the SkyTrain fulfils a function I am not in favour of any airport that forces passengers onto a train or bus etc. Unfortunately this comes about by extension, such as HKIA and ICN. LHR in the very least managed to keep T1-3 all in the same place for what feels and looks like centuries so it's done a reasonable job given its limitations, moreso when considering Tube access.

Airports like Beijing and KUL were built from Day1 to use a train and this is something I can't agree with. Even BKK stands up to scrutiny in this company.

Changi works, given the nature of expansion through the years, and still better than even a couple of newer facilities. I knock Changi for not building a suitable T3 to handle all SIA flights but, credit where it's due.

Leave a comment:

• cscs1956
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Nope. I've looked back through your posts made since you made those two bizarre claims and I can find nothing but more inane nonsense and what seems to be a peculiar obsession with HKIA, none of which explain those two statements.

So I'll ask again ; in what way is the Skytrain a 'failure design' and how would you redesign T1, 2 & 3 ?.
    Try this
    http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/f...ay-system.html

and google You Tube for some nice video and presentation.

or my previous post - if you search hard enough.
    http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12456

You may not understand half of that according to your reply. But is ok, the video say it all.

Leave a comment:

• cscs1956
    replied
    Originally posted by boing View Post
    Wow ! It's you who thinks the skytrain is a failure, not me. And you expect me to think of a better design for you ? You for real ?
    What's your basis on saying the skytrain a failure ? And how is your proposed Circle line be able to negate your perceived problems of the skytrain and produce a better inter-airport transport than the existing skytrain ?

Simple questions. I'm waiting ...
    Tell me what happen when we started to build T3. What happen to the skytrain? when hey have to stop for major rework? Then try to put youself in same situation if T4 will be up soon?

When I say circle line. It is not the circle line MRT in the first place. What I hope is a train service run round the airport terminal, both way. So you can reach any terminals in any direction without going to the different "gate". This kind of system has been used in different airport in the world.

The skytrian is only good when we have only T1 and T2. ie point to point. Worse is skytrain itself is single track without backup (well, backup is thru buses).

Leave a comment:

• boing
    replied
    Keep you mind open and study more design from different airport will help you to think better.
    Wow ! It's you who thinks the skytrain is a failure, not me. And you expect me to think of a better design for you ? You for real ?
    What's your basis on saying the skytrain a failure ? And how is your proposed Circle line be able to negate your perceived problems of the skytrain and produce a better inter-airport transport than the existing skytrain ?

Simple questions. I'm waiting ...

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Look back on my previous post on HKIA plan or new extension and 3rd runway. May be you have forgotten.
    Nope. I've looked back through your posts made since you made those two bizarre claims and I can find nothing but more inane nonsense and what seems to be a peculiar obsession with HKIA, none of which explain those two statements.

So I'll ask again ; in what way is the Skytrain a 'failure design' and how would you redesign T1, 2 & 3 ?.

Leave a comment:

• cscs1956
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Any options for us to help you think better and post something that actually makes sense ?.

You seem to have a handy knack of finding a bigger spade each time you post about Changi to dig an even bigger hole.

I am still waiting for your suggestions on how to redesign T1, 2 & 3 and how the Skytrain is a 'failure design' ?.
    Look back on my previous post on HKIA plan or new extension and 3rd runway. May be you have forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Keep you mind open and study more design from different airport will help you to think better.
    Any options for us to help you think better and post something that actually makes sense ?.

You seem to have a handy knack of finding a bigger spade each time you post about Changi to dig an even bigger hole.

I am still waiting for your suggestions on how to redesign T1, 2 & 3 and how the Skytrain is a 'failure design' ?.

Leave a comment:

• cscs1956
    replied
    Can you please furnish us a detailed explanation on your idea of a circle line( type of train, routing) ?

Leave a comment:

• milehighj
    replied
    Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
    Run like Usain Bolt?!
    Usain runs out of puff between gates. Think you'd need to run like a good marathoner.

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    Can I have some of whatever it is you're smoking?
    +1

A2 Hash Bash Rules!!

Leave a comment:

• boing
    replied
    They should really run a circle line under ground between the 3 (or the 4th) terminals. Just like many large modern airport in the world including the one in HKIA.
    Can you please furnish us a detailed explanation on your idea of a circle line( type of train, routing) ?

Leave a comment:

• cscs1956
    replied
    Skytrain failure ?? What do you propose than ? Aladdin & friends to transport people on their magic carpet around the airport ?
    They should really run a circle line under ground between the 3 (or the 4th) terminals. Just like many large modern airport in the world including the one in HKIA.

Leave a comment:

• flying.monkeyz
    replied
    Skytrain failure ?? What do you propose than ? Aladdin & friends to transport people on their magic carpet around the airport ?
    Star trek transporter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X