Third runway and T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
    You are posting something like a tender specification. But what is the actual work done?

Circle line type of concept do not has to be on the roof. It can be under ground where the MRT line was actually planned for our airport for many years before it was officially openned to public. The problem is coordination between companies and departments who own that piece of work.

I am only interested in your last part of your post. It will be interesting to see how this APM system "expand" to take care of the new terminal.
    I'm not sure in what context you asked the question in bold but the work done is there for everyone to see and is used by thousands of people every day.

I'm pretty sure they must have done a full scale study of siting the APM underground. There are too many difficulties in that option. Least of which is extensive structural works under Terminal 1 and 2.
    And I've never heard of the news that MRT line was planned many years before. Care to share where you got that piece of info from or back it up with links ?

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
      I'm not sure in what context you asked the question in bold but the work done is there for everyone to see and is used by thousands of people every day.

I'm pretty sure they must have done a full scale study of siting the APM underground. There are too many difficulties in that option. Least of which is extensive structural works under Terminal 1 and 2.
      And I've never heard of the news that MRT line was planned many years before. Care to share where you got that piece of info from or back it up with links ?
      As I told you, the underfround structure is there even at the time T2 was built. This is not a problem at all if decision was made to go with it.

So I know the current APM system was used by thousand every day now. But do you recall the desruption at the time when T3 was build? They need to do that just to add T3 into the system.

Comment

As I told you, the underfround structure is there even at the time T2 was built. This is not a problem at all if decision was made to go with it.

So I know the current APM system was used by thousand every day now. But do you recall the desruption at the time when T3 was build? They need to do that just to add T3 into the system.
        In all honesty, I believe the aiport planners would have weighted the underground constrants against the human inconviniences before deciding the an elevated APM was the lesser of 2 evils, hence it won the coin toss. If not, these people would already have been taken to task for a botched up project. This is Singapore.

Comment

What underground structure are you talking about ? And a disruption would be inevitable if a line is to be merged with an existing one. All the more if the rolling stocks are to be replaced. What is remarkable is that the disruptions were minimized with viable alternatives in place.

Comment

Just out in the news today. Land south of airport would be cleared to park 30 single aisle planes.
            http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...lanes-20130107

Could this be a sign that AirAsia Singapore would get the green light soon ?

Comment

Just out in the news today. Land south of airport would be cleared to park 30 single aisle planes.
              http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...lanes-20130107

Could this be a sign that AirAsia Singapore would get the green light soon ?
              Would these be remote stands then? Seems like they think T4 won't be large enough if this many planes need to be put in a separate area.

I hope that AirAsia Singapore does NOT use T1 for check-in and baggage claim. Don't want BKK-style immigration queues this would inevitably bring! Plus it would be a LONG bus ride to this area from T1.

Comment

I am trying to get my head around where that area actually is, especially near T3 ?.

Comment

if you are coming up to the control tower, it is on your left Before the police station and T3 -in fact its just after PIE merged toECP on the wayto the airport is where the current huge nursery is. Mywishlist is forT4 to have aerobridges just like KLIA2 but the planners didnt go for it and hence passengers have to scramble and brave the rain during thunderstorms.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    I am trying to get my head around where that area actually is, especially near T3 ?.
                    It's just beside South Cross taxiway. You will be able to see it to your right if your aircraft is taxing on South Cross towards T2.

Comment

It's just beside South Cross taxiway. You will be able to see it to your right if your aircraft is taxing on South Cross towards T2.
                      Ah, must be the area on the T3 side as on the T2 side you have a small a/c parking area and SATS.

Comment

If my guess is right, that 30 single aisle aircrafts parking area is meant to be for:

From Aviation Week:

Rusdi Kirana has established an aircraft leasing company in Singapore called Transportation Partners, headed by John Duffy, who formerly worked in Singapore for HSH Nordbank as head of Asian transportation.

The purpose of Transportation Partners is to lease to Lion and Lion-affiliated airlines, as well as to outside carriers. Industry executives say Rusdi needs to place aircraft with other carriers because Lion has too many 737s on order to absorb on its own.
                        And what's the big fuss abt Lion Air again this time?
                        http://www.english.rfi.fr/node/143025
                        Last edited by diecastdrool; 11 January 2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...cture-20130208
                          Finally, they have decided to build aerobridges in T4
                          Last edited by boing; 8 February 2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...cture-20130208
                            Finally, they have decided to build aerobridges in T4
                            Have to, since KLIA2, the new LCCT, also has aerobridges.
                            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

There will be aerobridges but 40% is still expected to be using remote gates using buses.

Comment

PR with map:
                                http://www.changiairportgroup.com/ex...owth__web_.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X