cigarettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cigarettes

i just want to know where can i buy cigarettes that i can smoke in the airport? i read some articles that you cant smoke DFS cigarettes in the airport? where then can i buy inside the airport and how much?

http://www.changiairport.com/shoppin...tobacco-by-dfs

Comment

can you smoke DFS cigarettes in singapore?

Comment

an you smoke DFS cigarettes in chagi airport?

Comment

You are not supposed to open any Duty Free shopping until you arrive at your destination as the customs people at your destination might charge the duty on a product that is not still sealed. But of course a lot of people do.

Singapore is rare in that there is no duty free allowance for cigarettes. Therefore techincially you can not smoke duty free cigarettes in Singapore as you should have paid the duty on them on arrival.

Comment

men, that sucks, where then can you buy smokable cigarettes in changi airport?

Comment

You CAN smoke Duty Free Cigarettes AIRSIDE in Changi.

There is no restriction on opening the sealed packaging (this is not a liquid) - the customs at the port of arrival makes no distinction between cigarettes brought from your home country and those bought in a duty free environment. They only concern themselves with whether it is or isn't in excess of your allowances as a traveller. Bad luck if you brought them from home and at the same time you exceed your allowances. In that case two governments would have had their finger in the pie.

As for bringing the cigarettes landside to singapore proper - means having to pass through customs and declaring/paying duty. Lobster is right in the fact that there is no duty free allowance in Singapore, therefore all cigarettes consumed on the street there must carry the SDPC (Singapore Duty Paid Cigarette) print on the rod of the cigarette.

Comment

oh, my bad, thanks for explaining SQflyergirl.

theres this blog that i read, it says in there that officials are actually roaming around the smoking areas in the airport checking if your cigarette had a mark on it. is it true?
                Last edited by spyal24; 5 March 2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spyal24 View Post
                  oh, my bad, thanks for explaining SQflyergirl.

theres this blog that i read, it says in there that officials are actually roaming around the smoking areas in the airport checking if your cigarette had a mark on it. is it true?
                  Spyal24, I would like the link to that blog you mentioned. Nice scary story to send to my friends who smoke. :wicked:

Comment

spyal24 - is this landside or airside? Can't see why they would be "roaming" the dingy dank chambers of the smoking rooms in the airport.

Comment

i just want to know where can i buy electronic cigarette that i can smoke in the airport? i read some articles that you cant smoke DFS cigarettes in the airport? where then can i buy inside the airport and how much?
                      Here is some extra benefit with e cigarette. because you can use it in flight. i also toke this when i was going to abroad. so this will be helpful then.
                      Last edited by Tabefore; 27 January 2014, 07:12 AM.

Comment

This will be completely impractical, not sure if the blog has any truth in it. Are they going to ask all smokers in transit from all over the world to pay duty on the spot?

Comment

I do know for a fact that undercover customs officers check on the cigarettes of people in the public area, as I've been "checked" in one of these random checks. And I don't even smoke !

And I don't think any airline allows e ciggies onboard.

Comment

Working...
                          X