No announcement yet.

New Budget Terminal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, with this kind of configuration, pilots will need a good navigation system to get them to the apron/runway.

Comment

Making room for more flights at Changi Airport

Travellers departing from Changi Airport on two different flights could soon find themselves in the same pre-boarding waiting room.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_751262.html
      Last edited by flying.monkeyz; 3 January 2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I find it somehwhat strange seeing a TR plane docked there. An indication that TR will move to T2?

Comment

Saw a Tiger A320 at F52 a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            I find it somehwhat strange seeing a TR plane docked there. An indication that TR will move to T2?
            TR aircrafts are occasionally parked at T2 or even T1 due to the shortage of bays at BT. No indication whatsoever.

I think there was some talk about T4's potential location, and the BT may have to make way for it. Don't know if that's related.
            They are expanding the BT.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
              They are expanding the BT.
              So that means the BT will remain where it is and become even bigger?

It's not possible to build T4 in the BT's current location as the site seems to be hemmed in by other buildings in the area?

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post
                It's not possible to build T4 in the BT's current location as the site seems to be hemmed in by other buildings in the area?
                That's not where T4 is going to be. T4 will be to the East of the Easterly/'T2' runway, in between that and the third runway which is currently being used by the RSAF.

Comment

Thank MAN Flyer.

I was worried they will shift all the budget flights to the main terminals if T4 was going to be built there.

I like the BT as it is. From A320 to cab in 15min (with only carry on luggage).

Comment

Now that KLIA is building its new LCCT terminal and called KLIA2 which be ready by early 2013 and with a space larger than all 3Changi Terminals and comes even with aerobridges, its time for Changi to act fast and maybe better to tear down its "wharehouse-like" Budget terminal and rebuiltit with a larger building and with few say 4 to 6 aerobridges and the rest can be walk-up to aircrafts - and have a few (4 - 6) parking for aircraft up to the A330 size. Otherwise the planned Terminal 4 will be way across to the left of runway 02C and onto where the airport coast road running next to the runway - which makes it quite a distance for connectivity and also for aircraft auxillary services like catering, line maintenance etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      Now that KLIA is building its new LCCT terminal and called KLIA2 which be ready by early 2013 and with a space larger than all 3Changi Terminals and comes even with aerobridges, its time for Changi to act fast and maybe better to tear down its "wharehouse-like" Budget terminal and rebuiltit with a larger building and with few say 4 to 6 aerobridges and the rest can be walk-up to aircrafts - and have a few (4 - 6) parking for aircraft up to the A330 size. Otherwise the planned Terminal 4 will be way across to the left of runway 02C and onto where the airport coast road running next to the runway - which makes it quite a distance for connectivity and also for aircraft auxillary services like catering, line maintenance etc.
                      I would like to see T4 be dedicated for ALL SQ flights, and T2 be for LCCs. This split terminal operations for SQ is an absolute joke.

Comment

• Budget Terminal to close ; LCC's to move to T2

It is official!

SINGAPORE: Airlines operating from Singapore's Budget Terminal will soon operate from the main terminals at Changi Airport.

That's because the Budget Terminal will be closed later this year to make way for a new and improved terminal.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...186047/1/.html
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• And it won't be too soon, either!

Comment

• At least none of them are moving to T1...

Comment

• It's likely that bussing to remote stands will become a common affair again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                                It's likely that bussing to remote stands will become a common affair again.
                                Especially with ATR72s

Comment

Working...
                                X