• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
    You mean Changi Airport itself?
    Originally posted by sealalula View Post
    You mean Changi Airport itself?
    Yes. The AA was held at an exhibition center opposite Changi Beach, opposite the CAFHI jetty and the small planes would be displayed there too. The building has since been demolished and it's now empty tarmac used to park bizjets. Large aircraft like the A380 (displayed at AA2006, the final show) were parked at the West Cargo Apron, where all the SQ Cargo jets are parked now.

Originally posted by boing View Post
    Asian aerospace, as it was called then, was held at changi airport's ground till 2006.
    By the way, Singapore Airshow is not a re-naming of Asian Aerospace. SA is a new show organized in Singapore, while AA has moved to Hong Kong.

Comment

Ah I see, thanks for sharing guys

Comment

More flights for the BT. Not going to break it I know, but they keep totting up...:

Cebu Pacific is to increase flight frequencies and seat capacity on select international flights this January 2012. The airline will take delivery of 4 more brand-new Airbus A320 aircraft from October 2011 to January 2012, allowing the airline to enhance its flight schedule options for travellers.

The airline will increase flight frequencies in the following routes:

Effective 7 January 2012

Manila-Brunei-Manila (from 3 to 4 weekly flights)
        Manila-Singapore-Manila (from 32 to 35 weekly flights)
        Manila-Beijing-Manila (from 3 to 4 weekly flights)
        Additional Seats (from Airbus A319 to Airbus A320)
        Manila-Ho Chi Minh-Manila (daily)

The airline will also operate an additional four weekly flights from Manila to Kuala Lumpur and vice versa, making it double-daily starting 8 January 2012.

“CEB already offers the most number of flights between the Philippines and Singapore, with direct flights from Manila, Cebu and Clark. We recognize Singapore as a high-traffic route for leisure and business, so we are adding more flights to meet the demand,” said Candice Iyog, CEB VP for marketing and distribution. “We are also the only low-cost carrier operating direct flights from the Philippines to Brunei and Beijing. Our trademark low fares have allowed many overseas Filipino workers and tourists from Beijing to travel to the Philippines and vice versa. These additional flights and CEB’s seat sales will continue to boost tourism and trade between our countries.”

Comment

I will leave that to the airport planners to best optimise the available space. Probably reconfiguration of taxiways will be needed for a satellite concourse to be build. The other alternative is to split up existing sections wide-bodied gates into multiple narrow-bodied gates (4WB -> 6NB?). No doubt the turnaround times are short for AK but they still use wide-bodied gates at times.
          They have now almost converted F52 to fit in two small narrow bodies ! It;ll be re-named F52L and F52R. Could be a trial before trying i out in T1.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
            They have now almost converted F52 to fit in two small narrow bodies ! It;ll be re-named F52L and F52R. Could be a trial before trying i out in T1.
            To my understanding, 3 more bays in T2 are earmarked for the MARS project which should be done by end of 2012.

Comment

I shall try to go check it out when I fly out next week.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                I shall try to go check it out when I fly out next week.
                Looks like they've changed the gate layout at F52. The boarding counter has been shifted from post X-ray to just before entrance to aerobridges. And there are now 2 counters.

The aerobrides has also been changed. Sorry for the not-so-clear image.

Comment

Looks like in preparation for Tiger's move to T2!
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

There are some construction works being carried out on the land south of the budget terminal when I taxied past it last week. Seems that they are really expanding the budget terminal or building something new.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                      There are some construction works being carried out on the land south of the budget terminal when I taxied past it last week. Seems that they are really expanding the budget terminal or building something new.
                      I think there was some talk about T4's potential location, and the BT may have to make way for it. Don't know if that's related.

Comment

They should have the center part of space between T1/T2/T3 reworked and become a big car park, taxi stand. Then take away the car park portion of T1/T2/T3 and make each terminal bigger and covers by a "cycle line" light rail for transporting passengers between 3 terminals.

Comment

I can only hope that CAG and SQ get it right this time, and plan T4 solely for SQ. This split terminal operations based on regions is an absolute joke.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                            I think there was some talk about T4's potential location, and the BT may have to make way for it. Don't know if that's related.
                            I don't think so. That area is way too small for a new terminal. They are either expanding the budget terminal or building a new apron for budget airlines.

Terminal 4 and 5 (in the future) should be on the reclaimed land east of Changi and the runway there will be extended for big aircrafts. I saw some excavator doing some work to the right of 02C last week. Might be a new taxiway linking T4.

Comment

Image 1: Phase two of Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

Or they should have just done this instead. Two big terminals and two satellite terminals with a cargo terminal to the north and a budget terminal to the south west. Two control towers and four runways. The space Changi occupies right now is big enough to accommodate this. But this means that they would have to demolish all 4 terminals.

Photo taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suvarnabhumi_Airport

Comment

Just when i thought they were going to close up the gap where the current ECP is and submerge the highway underground to make a square shaped airport with lots of arms!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X