Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Qantas Group full service carrier could further alter competitive landscape in SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RedQ has been torpedoed.

http://www.news.com.au/business/brea...-1226207791788

Comment

I wonder whether new venture will be tie up with Tony Fenandez talked about premium carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        Sad... Was hoping for more options out of SIN...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          Very sad, but not entirely surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Very sad, but not entirely surprising.
            MH will soon be a member of OneWorld right? Schedule in 2012?

so it makes sense for QF to do code-share with MH instead then...
            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              MH will soon be a member of OneWorld right? Schedule in 2012?

so it makes sense for QF to do code-share with MH instead then...
              There is more premium traffic to tap in SIN so I wonder how it's going to work out. KUL is sandwiched between SIN and BKK so they'll find the going tough

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                There is more premium traffic to tap in SIN so I wonder how it's going to work out. KUL is sandwiched between SIN and BKK so they'll find the going tough
                IMO one way RedQ could survive is to count on MH's connecting traffic. KUL doesn't have enough premium O&D traffic.

Comment

That's a disappointing turn of events. Could've been some real competition to be had here... hopefully that'll serve as a wake up call of sorts.

Comment

The linked article seems to be a misreporting. Alan Joyce just said the plans are very much active and they are still in discussions with both Singaporean and Malaysian authorities. See: http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/con...1/s3378035.htm

Comment

According to this article, Qantas denies shelving the plan.

http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/qant...-plans-4577699

Qantas says reports it will delay the establishment of an Asian airline are speculation, but the airline does say it needs to be flexible depending on market conditions.

Uncertain global economic conditions, particularly in Europe, have Qantas management considering delaying plans to establish a premium carrier in Asia and instead seeking an alliance with Malaysia Airlines, The Australian Financial Review reported.

Chief executive Alan Joyce said today no final decision had been made on the the establishment of an Asian carrier or an alliance.

"We believe that a new premium airline in Asia is important for us.

"The timing of that airline and how it works with partners is still part of the discussions we're having with both Singapore and Malaysia and no final decision has been made on what we are going to do."

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                        According to this article, Qantas denies shelving the plan.

http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/qant...-plans-4577699
                        Smoking the union perhaps?

Comment

qantas new airline will notbe in SIN

http://www.smh.com.au/business/qanta...207-1oicv.html

the clearest indication that qantas new asia airline will not be in SIN.

Comment

I don't see why it specifically says it will NOT be in SIN. Can you point me to it.

I only see the words "favour" and "more attractive" for KUL

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              I don't see why it specifically says it will NOT be in SIN. Can you point me to it.

I only see the words "favour" and "more attractive" for KUL
                              Exactly what I thought. Plus it even said they were still in talks in the SIN authorities.

Comment

i won't try to argue with above posters except to say , read between the lines.

next time, i know... i won't even try to be helpful. nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X