X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TransAsia Airways to launch flights to Singapore

May 30, 2011

According to Sayacinta airpost:

Taiwan's oldest airline, TransAsia Airways is launching its first Taipei Taoyuan-Singapore-Taipei Taoyuan scheduled flights on 30 June 2011 as part of its celebrations to mark its 60th Anniversary of Foundation. Singapore is TransAsia Airways' second Southeast Asian destination after Phuket.

TransAsia Airways' first outbound flight from Taipei Taoyuan to Singapore, GE887, takes off at 7.20 pm on 30 June 2011 and lands in Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2 at 11.45 pm. Its first departure flight from Singapore under the code GE888 starts at 7.20 am and arrives in Taipei Taoyuan at 11.40 am on 1 July 2011. Both flights are initially operated with a leased B737-800 aircraft before it is replaced with an A320 or A321 aircraft of its own.

TransAsia Airways is Changi Airport's second international flight operator this year after Finnair and it is the first airline to benefit under the Singapore-Taiwan Open Skies Agreement 2011 which allows more frequent flights between Singapore and Taiwan.

TransAsia Airways plans to introduce more destinations to its route network this year, including Bangkok, Japan and other new Chinese cities.

http://www.just4airlines.com/j4_dox/...story_id=51571

I flew them from HUN-TSA and had quite an enjoyable 40 minutes with them. Landing next to the 101 was unforgettable!

Don't think I'm quite game to try them for SIN-TPE yet, though

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
      Anniversary of Foundation.
      Taiwanese English always gives me a laugh Especially how the pronounce the letter 'N'...

Like kyo, I've flown them domestic in Taiwan and quite like them.

Comment

Working...
      X