X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    The clientele are usually adults.
    Is that code for special massage?

Your only as old as the person you feel.

Comment

Hope you're going to write a TR Singapore Sling - don't forget your camera

Comment

Spa access is free for diamonds - you get to run naked in the shower rooms, watch the sand clock in the steam rooms, sit and play with the rubber ducks in the hot and cold tubs, watch the Tokyo skyline from the changing room, sip tea, relax and read pretentious highbrow art books on Klimt and Manet.

Massages at the PHT are in the region of 100 to 200 pounds.

The clientele are usually adults.
        Ooh, do they have the massage where the masseur hangs on to two narrow strings/ropes and walks up and down on top of you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Ooh, do they have the massage where the masseur hangs on to two narrow strings/ropes and walks up and down on top of you?
          I suspect you are getting two different types of massage a little confused there...

Comment

Man, there are some freaks on this Board!
            HUGE AL

Comment

I wasn't getting kinky!

I realise now it's this I was referring to - linky

It's not a rope but two bars hanging from the ceiling! The PHT should have this! They have everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
                I might be going here at the end off the year. I would be staying in a Park Suite Twin or a Diplomat Suite Twin. What do you think of these rooms?

Diamonds get a ¥2000 cover waived at the NY Grill are there any other special offers for Diamonds at this hotel apart from the normal ones?

How close is the hotel to the main parts of the city as I have never been to Tokyo before?
                If money doesn't matter: The Diplomat Suite is a lot nicer - give it a go.

I have fallen out of love with the PHT over service issues during my last stays - and repeatedly failing is not an option for a Park Hyatt.

The Grand Hyatt is a great hotel and locaction-wise a lot more convenient.

You might want to check out the Mandarin Oriental. Stunning views and fantastic rooms!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nickbot
                  Hope you're going to write a TR Singapore Sling - don't forget your camera
                  As long as you don`t mind a long wait, there will be, I don`t think photos off the kinky (or is that linky) suff above is allowed on this web site.

Originally Posted by SMK77
                  If money doesn't matter: The Diplomat Suite is a lot nicer - give it a go.

I have fallen out of love with the PHT over service issues during my last stays - and repeatedly failing is not an option for a Park Hyatt.

The Grand Hyatt is a great hotel and locaction-wise a lot more convenient.

You might want to check out the Mandarin Oriental. Stunning views and fantastic rooms!
                  May have to go with the Park suite, as used to much money on the flights. Suites all the way.

Could do a two hotel stop and see what both Park and Grand are like.

Will stick with Hyatt this trip as need to get my stay count up, the Mandarin Oriental does look very nice.

Comment

As long as you don`t mind a long wait, there will be, I don`t think photos off the kinky (or is that linky) suff above is allowed on this web site.
                    You can always start with a few preview pics, such as some of the Park Hyatt in this thread for example - would personally love to see some shots

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                      You can always start with a few preview pics, such as some of the Park Hyatt in this thread for example - would personally love to see some shots
                      Here are the pictures, unedited.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10624772...645702/Public#

Comment

You got one of the nicer Park Suites - yours had the window in the bathroom. The lower Suites just have a wall

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                          You got one of the nicer Park Suites - yours had the window in the bathroom. The lower Suites just have a wall
                          Only the best for me.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, Singapore Sling.

You mentioned that you have views of Shinjuku and Mt Fuji from your room. Which rooms are these, e.g. xXyy (x-floor)?

A friend is thinking of making reservations for a suite at the PHT in Jan, and I've been invited to tag along!

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, Singapore Sling.

You mentioned that you have views of Shinjuku and Mt Fuji from your room. Which rooms are these, e.g. xXyy (x-floor)?
                              Did I? I did have a view off Yoyogi park and most off Tokyo as I had windows on two sides of the tower, but you could not see Mt Fuji from my room as that was on the wrong side. (right hand side) You can always see it from other places in the hotel, or ask for a Mt Fuji view room, you will not be able to see Mt Fuji most of the time anyway. As for which floor try to get as high as you can, I was on floor 47 but I think it went up to 51, with the New York bar/grill on 52
                              Last edited by Singapore Sling; 13 September 2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the details, Singapore Sling.

I think I know which rooms you are referring to. I was in one of the rooms to the left of your suite, with views of Yoyogi Park and the Tokyo Tower. I hated the Yoyogi Park view. I look out of the window and see this big black patch and very little ambient light from the surrounding buildings at night, not good for the pictures I have in mind.

I'm not too keen on a Mount Fuji view. You are right about not being able to see Mt Fuji that easily now but the skies are a lot clearer in January.

I'd see if my friend could request for a Shinjuku city view. I just want to take pictures of the lights and buildings at night. But I'm not getting my hopes up on this one. However, I know if the reservation was made in my name, we would be guaranteed a very nice view. I think I'm on their list of 'PITAs'.

But out of principle, I doubt I'd be making any reservations or staying at this hotel on my own in the near future. The service, ambience, deco, etc that almost everyone is raving about is overrated and dated! But the views of Shinjuku from the hotel are to die-for. So I'd just tag along to my friend's suite and set up my tripod etc to take my time-lapse of Tokyo's skyline from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X