Hilton Barcelona Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilton Barcelona Properties

Anyone have any comments/considerations?

I'm considering a night (or two) at the Hilton BCN (and the price also, despite not having January Sale rates). The price of the W doesn't quite do it for me, 550EUR vs 120EUR per night.

Open to suggestions! Thanks...

Starwood prices are out of the question, 350EUR at the LM BCN, so gonna pass on that one also as I *know* I'm gonna be out and about taking in the sites/sights/sounds of the city.

Haven't looked at the Accor side yet, but will do that soon!

Stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar in Barcelona two years ago, it was pretty brand new back then.
    Room is nothing special but good, they have a nice club lounge quite high up overlooking the waters.
    There is a shopping mall across the street from the hotel with some outdoors tapas places & cafes.

Comment

Thanks StarG!

It seems the Diagonal Mar location is a little far from the main areas, is that true?

Comment

IIRC, it was about 10 mins taxi ride to the 'main areas' like Sagrada Familia etc.
        Still within reasonable distance for me.

Comment

There is a metro station right across the road from Hilton Diagonal del Mar, and IIRC a lot of busses into city centre also stop there.

It was close enough for me.

Comment

I stayed at Hilton Diagonal Mar for 6 nights 2 months ago...there indeed is a big shopping centre across the road from the hotel; the metro station is about a 10 minute leisurely walk from the hotel, and the metro takes 15-20 mins to get into the main centre of Barcelona. The metro is frequent and cheap. Can buy a 10 trip card for Euro 7.70 meaning that each trip only costs Euro 0.77

It is a newish hotel, set back perhaps 500 metres from the sea. The Executive lounge is nice with Mediterranean Sea views....no hot food tho; continental breakfast and alcoholic drinks and nibbles in the evening. Free free to ask for more specif info if needed

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, it seems everyone's leaning towards the Diagonal Mar over the 'non'-Diagonal Mar property? Anyone ever tried the 'plain' Hilton Barcelona?

Comment

recent comparisons

we stayed at both last november and here are my 2 cents

1) if you are going when the weather promises to be good then the lounge at the mar diagonal is delightful - although the views are not unimpeded, they are spectacular especially when sipping a fino and munching some olives

2) the lounge at the barcelona hilton has no views but its a good place to watch Barca play when you can't get into the nearby Nou Camp

3) the rooms at the Barcelona Hilton are smaller and more spartan

4) the Mar Diagonal neighborhood is in the process of urban regeneration so it is definitely less genteel than the Barcelona Hilton which has lots of high end shops nearby - in particular it has a branch of Lavinia (excellent wines) along the street

Comment

cplh: That two cents of yours is good enough for me to decide on the Hilton Barcelona since I'm unlikely to be at the hotel much as I'll be outside soaking up the local culture thus I won't be needing the bar

Also, the potential shopping opportunities have swayed me, so it looks like it'll be this hotel in the end.

I'll be getting the BCN guides from our dear 9V-SIA this afternoon it seems, so I'll wait til tonight to make the booking just in case something else catches my eye...

Comment

It seems the Hilton BCN has now raised its prices to 195 Euro, I missed the boat.

Might have to consider Accor now.

Edit: The latest (as of 20th Jan), is they now have Jan sale prices at both properties! Too late, have booked elsewhere...
                    Last edited by Kyo; 20 January 2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X