JFK airport hotels ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFK airport hotels ?

I can't recall a thread on this - I'm wondering for future reference, which is the best JFK airport hotel ?

It's a bit late for me this time for my trip tomorrow as I've already booked the Sheraton JFK. That was before reading the grim reports on TOF about a hotel which is (apparently) little more than a Four Points; has no sound proofing but is besides a freeway as well as of course near an airport; and is also next door to a sewage works!

I'm taking the last BA flight out to NYC at 8pm (AA is also around the same time) and it arrives just before 11pm. Last time, I went into Manhattan straightaway but I think now that it's silly to pay Manhattan rates for a stay where you only arrive at the property around 1am.

My general rule is to run away from all NYC airport hotels. Yes, they're cheap, but you really don't even get what you pay for... Always better to arrange a layover and hang in The City.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      My general rule is to run away from all NYC airport hotels. Yes, they're cheap, but you really don't even get what you pay for... Always better to arrange a layover and hang in The City.
      +1

I'd use Priority Club Points at the new Candlewood Suites Times Square for one night for a late arrival like that. 15K points or 5K points + $60.

Comment

Savage25! Good to see you on The Board. Michigan football sucks ass! Downright embarrassing!
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          Savage25! Good to see you on The Board. Michigan football sucks ass! Downright embarrassing!
          Don't remind me. Ran into some Buckeyes last week while wearing my Michigan sweatshirt.

Comment

Having checked into the Sheraton just now, it seems my fears were misfounded! No excessive noise and - for now - no smell. 24 hour shuttle service from JFK Federal Circle Airtrain stop. The club lounge is totally bare though!

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              Don't remind me. Ran into some Buckeyes last week while wearing my Michigan sweatshirt.
              You should burn that sheit until we actually get a respectable football team...and corresponding coach.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
              X