Hyatts in Shanghai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyatts in Shanghai

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt last night and just walked across the street to the Park Hyatt and checked in. Very handy for running up FFN stays.

The Grand is quite nice, although I only got in late and not as fresh as I have been after getting through too much Dom and Krug on the flight......

The Park is very nice, my room in particular is fabulous. A couple of language issues with my room service, when she kept saying 'for two people' which I corrected, three times. Of course they have sent double what I ordered...

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    The Park is very nice, my room in particular is fabulous. A couple of language issues with my room service, when she kept saying 'for two people' which I corrected, three times. Of course they have sent double what I ordered...
    Hahahaha I've heard that the PH there still doesn't quite "get it." But glad to hear you're racking up the FFN's. You did get upgraded, right?
    HUGE AL

Comment

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Shanghai a few weeks ago and was very pleased with it.
      Rooms are big, bed comfortable, pool fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        Hahahaha I've heard that the PH there still doesn't quite "get it." But glad to hear you're racking up the FFN's. You did get upgraded, right?
        Yes I got upgraded, apparently. Not sure what the desciption of this room is but they told me I had been.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        I stayed at the Park Hyatt Shanghai a few weeks ago and was very pleased with it. Rooms are big, bed comfortable, pool fantastic.
        My room is fabulous it's got to be said. Allsorts of gadgets, including a radar controlled toilet lid that flips up automatically when you enter the toilet. That caused a bit of a shock when that first happened.

Comment

Yes I got upgraded, apparently. Not sure what the desciption of this room is but they told me I had been.

My room is fabulous it's got to be said. Allsorts of gadgets, including a radar controlled toilet lid that flips up automatically when you enter the toilet. That caused a bit of a shock when that first happened.
          I do like radar controlled toilet lids...

Comment

Glad to hear of the two nice room experiences! I'm also a HUGE fan of the radar toilets. Miss the restroom at New York Grill (PHT).
            HUGE AL

Comment

I was in Shanghai at the same time as you would've been MAN Flyer - whilst I didn't stay at either hotel (stayed at the JW Marriott on Puxi side) I did check the bars of both hotels out. Have to say that 100 Century Ave in the PH is far superior than Cloud 9 in GH - first you have bragging rights in that it's higher up and secondly it's far cheaper than the GH; the GH bar prices were extortion - 70RMB for a juice? Come on.

I did try the jazz bar on the 92nd floor of the PH, but thought the one on the 91st had a better view due to floor to ceiling windows not being at an angle.

Planning on coming back to Shanghai next year - a stay at the PH is definitely on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by jambalaya View Post

I did try the jazz bar on the 92nd floor of the PH, but thought the one on the 91st had a better view due to floor to ceiling windows not being at an angle.
                I didn't even know there was a jazz bar on the 92nd floor. Was that part for the PH or the building itself ?. I saw the entrance to an observatory for the building the PH is in.

I went to 100 Century Avenue for a drink when I got back but then went over to the Italian at the Grand Hyatt to eat that evening.

Comment

I didn't even know there was a jazz bar on the 92nd floor. Was that part for the PH or the building itself ?. I saw the entrance to an observatory for the building the PH is in.
                  Definitely in the PH itself. The "main elevator" from the ground floor only lets you go to level 1, 87 (reception) and 91 (100 Century Ave). From 91 you need to change to get to 92 - which has two bars; the jazz bar and a smaller Chinese themed bar. These two have claims as the highest bars in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jambalaya View Post
                    Definitely in the PH itself. The "main elevator" from the ground floor only lets you go to level 1, 87 (reception) and 91 (100 Century Ave). From 91 you need to change to get to 92 - which has two bars; the jazz bar and a smaller Chinese themed bar. These two have claims as the highest bars in the world.
                    I didn't even know about that place!.

I went up to 100 Century Ave for a drink when I got back, but I just had one then went to do some work. I didn't think much of the menu in 100 Century Ave, so went across to the GH to eat.

The height of the place is bonkers though. The Lobby of the PH (on the 87th floor !!) looks down on the GH, where I had just stayed in the 62nd floor and thought that was high...

Comment

Working...
                    X