Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Hyatt Jakarta - Proactive service recovery

I thought this was a very nice touch of them:

Here's the story: 2 weeks ago I stayed with them. Checked in at 1.30am, walked into my room and 3 seconds later the whole hotel suffered a black out for over an hour. Fine if i was already in bed and asleep in which case I might not have noticed it, but I was tired and basically after waiting 20 or so minutes, crawled into bed with my makeup still on and fully clothed.

Fast forward 11 days: they send me a survey, and I tell them precisely what happened.

A senior customer agent calls me up the day after I submit the survey and offers me a free night stay there, whilst acknowledges the problem.

I understand from Jakarta Luminaries like StarG that the city is facing power shortages and my thoughts are that it would have been SO easy to hide behind that - but this hotel didn't, and earns an unreserved recommendation from me. Great customer service is rare these days

I second that!

A couple of months ago i stayed their with colleage; as a diamond member they gave me a club floor room, and also extended the same privilege to my collegue (who has zero status on GP .... not even Gold!).

About an hour after check in i received an email from the GM to check that all was ok. Club floor was good and staff extremely helpful.

Only critisism was that the breakfast in the Grnd Club was somewhat limited and they had the worlds slowest toaster! Other than that it was a great hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Comment

Well - good service is hard to come by. GH JKT has it, and whilst i don't have another trip to Jakarta in the coming weeks, on the basis of that level of service i got - I've booked a few nights at the HR Kuantan and GH Melbourne cause I was so impressed. (Wouldn't have booked these nights otherwise)

Comment

Working...
      X