The Big Welcome - ACTUAL UPGRADED Changes to Hyatt's Gold Passport Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    I was eyeing the Park Hyatt Saigon that I just had the chance of visiting - it's a very decent looking property indeed.
    An excellent five star hotel - probably the best here.

Very good value High Tea too

Comment

You're in Saigon now? That's where you're staying? Are you there this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
        An excellent five star hotel - probably the best here.
        Sorry, but I would disagree with that. Sure it's one of the nicest Hotels there, but that that's as much to do with the desperate lack of true five star hotels in Saigon as much as anything.

I much prefer the Sheraton and even the Renaissance, despite the fact the latter is not what it used to be a few years ago.

I find the Hyatt somewhat soulless and the attitude of the staff a little arrogant, which is slightly bizarre in Saigon. Despite being a Hyatt Diamond I will only stay there to earn or burn FFN's. I am not a fan.

Comment

Well, my two cents - I found the staff at the Hyatt to be rather the same as the Sheraton. Mostly a little aloof.

I still like the Renaissance, I think they do a decent job but pointless loyalty programme, I reckon.

Also, they directed me to the wrong floor when I asked which level the pool was on.

Comment

Well, my two cents - I found the staff at the Hyatt to be rather the same as the Sheraton. Mostly a little aloof.

I still like the Renaissance, I think they do a decent job but pointless loyalty programme, I reckon.

Also, they directed me to the wrong floor when I asked which level the pool was on.
            The fact they didn't know it was on the roof (!!) backs up my comment that it is not what it used to be. It's quite nice up there actually, especially for the views.

I stayed in the Renaissance for my first 15-20 visits to Saigon, and it was a fabulous Hotel in those days. Mainly due to having a superb GM at the time. Once he left it was never the same. He now flits about between various J.W's. I used to keep my Marriott Silver status purely through the Ren in Saigon.

I get very well looked after in the Sheraton nowadays, due to knowing a few of them there quite well now, especially the girls in the club lounge. Although I have been back to the Ren a couple of times in the last year when the Gordon Brown Peso was getting hammered and as their rates were less than the Sheraton. Just over a year ago the internet rates for the Sheraton were sometomes over US$ 300, which is madness for a Hotel I was paying US$ 100 for a few year ago. That's Saigon these days unfortunately.

There is an IC around the corner from the Hyatt on Hai Ba Trung that is supposed to opening later this year. Whether that happens is another matter as they had a big fire there not long ago.
            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 29 June 2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I just re-read my post - sorry for being a little disjointed in my thoughts... it was the staff at the Park Hyatt that misdirected me to their pool, not the Renaissance.

LOL, I can hear the LARGE one rolling around in disapproval already...

(Oh, and we paid USD 345 last year for a night at the Sheraton, crazy stuff)

Comment

Might be there on the 3rd week of July. A DO?

Comment

Can consider as I may be there but it depends on work... if we can get that weekend confirmed, I will have to adjust two other tickets, but I'd probably come..

So, a DO at the Park Hyatt? Just the thing to get the LARGE one across the pond...

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Comment

No, I leave in the middle of the week !

Comment

If only they had done that three months ago... :/

I was eyeing the Park Hyatt Saigon that I just had the chance of visiting - it's a very decent looking property indeed. Instead I've been running for HH Gold and SPG Gold, and too late to pull out now. Diamond sure is enticing, though!
                      So why not complete Plat for one of those, then status match?
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Log In & Check Your Activity for "Award" with Zeros Following It!

This is a targeted promo which equals USD$100 credit on any 2 night stay through October 31st. To redeem, you must call it in.

Hyatt is really pouring on the promos!
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                          Might be there on the 3rd week of July. A DO?
                          I will be in HCM from 27 - 31 July. A pho DO?

Comment

I was meant to be there 26-27th... looks like it's gonna fall through. Can you extend til a weekend before/after? I'll consider.

Comment

To wet the HUGE one's appetite, the PH seoul has an amazing breakfast for diamonds. And the fruit juice is freshly squeezed on the spot each time you order.

And the free internet perk is really a lifesaver and I do not have to pay some ridiculous prices that the spg properties are charging.

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
                                To wet the HUGE one's appetite, the PH seoul has an amazing breakfast for diamonds. And the fruit juice is freshly squeezed on the spot each time you order.

And the free internet perk is really a lifesaver and I do not have to pay some ridiculous prices that the spg properties are charging.
                                Hey, you're the one who wanted to hop.

Now, get to work on my TR!!!
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X