Free Broadband: Hotel/Hotel Chain List: Please report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Yeah looks like a travel router is now tops on my To-Buy list... You happy with the Netgear?
    Am writing this using my apple Airport express (a bit cheaper than netgear). Very happy with the results, and small enough as well (a bit bigger and thicker than a pack of playing cards). Compatable with Windows etc etc. You do need to spend a bit of time setting it up at first to configure it (i.e. WEP etc) but once that is done you can just plug and play wherever you are with no further setup.

This is my no1 purchase for traveling in 2009.

Slightly OT, but for 2008 my top purchase was The Pentax DS Mobile scan:

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-206700-...615104&sr=1-11

THis has saved me a fortune in copying, faxing and scanning when on the road at over priced business centres (think USD 100 for a fax to the US from a certain hotel in MNL !!!!)

Comment

Just to mention that if the aim of a travel router is to connect other equipment (e.g. VOIP phone, PDA, iPod Touch etc) - and not your laptop - then you should be able to get the job done using your wifi enabled laptop, e.g. on a Mac, it's just a case of turning on Internet connection sharing.

Comment

Can confirm the Sofitel Ambassador Seoul offers free wifi in room categories excluding superior (standard) room types.

Comment

Finally, free Internet at all SPG properties from 1 Mar for PLT:

http://www.spgpromos.com/compnetacce...CESS_PROMOTION

Comment

Best news I have heard from them this year!

Comment

Yep, good news but well overdue. I would like to personally express my thanks to Hyatt for this new SPG benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Yep, good news but well overdue. I would like to personally express my thanks to Hyatt for this new SPG benefit.
                Well put!
                HUGE AL

Comment

And in response to SPG's latest salvo, Marriott fires back:

Freedom + luxury.
                  Together at high speed.

Announcing a new Marriott Rewards® benefit - starting May 7, free Internet access for all Gold and Platinum Elite members at nearly 450 hotels across the U.S. and Canada. Log on to the Internet free in guest rooms and public spaces; just check in and connect.

This exclusive benefit will be available at the following brands:

• Marriott® Hotels & Resorts
                  • JW Marriott®
                  • Renaissance® Hotels

Plus, every guest will continue to receive free Internet access at all Courtyard®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, SpringHill Suites®, Residence Inn®, and TownePlace Suites® hotels in the U.S. and Canada.

We know you have places to go. We'll help you stay in touch when you get there. Freedom starts this summer.

DETAILS
                  Come on, Hilton, you know you want to!!!

Comment

Le Meridien Suriwong Bangkok (the stylish/hip property) Free internet in the lobby and by virtue the 2nd floor in the restaurant!

The Novotel at Taipei Taoyuan Airport: free wired and wireless internet everywhere in the building!

Comment

Great thread guys - hope I can contribute soon!
                      Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; 19 March 2010, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Starwood hotels FREE internet

Here's my contribution of Starwood hotels that provide free internet access based on my previous stays at these hotels.
                        If you are SPG Platinum, you get free in-room internet access.

Indonesia :
                        Sheraton Bandung - club lounge wifi, link@Sheraton
                        Sheraton Bandara - link@Sheraton
                        Sheraton Surabaya - club lounge wifi

Malaysia :
                        Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu - club lounge wifi
                        Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur - club lounge wifi, club room cable, lobby wifi
                        Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur - club lounge wifi
                        Westin Kuala Lumpur - club lounge wifi, lobby wifi

Thailand :
                        Le Meridien Bangkok - room wifi, lobby wifi
                        Le Royal Meridien Plaza Athenee - club lounge wifi
                        Royal Orchid Sheraton - club lounge wifi, link@Sheraton
                        Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit - deluxe room cable
                        Westin Grande Sukhumvit - club lounge wifi
                        Le Meridien Chiang Mai - club lounge wifi
                        Sheraton Pattaya Resort - link@Sheraton

Vietnam :
                        Sheraton Saigon - club lounge wifi

Comment

Be careful with Sheraton Saigon - there is the Towers vs non-Towers 'hotel within a hotel' differentiation.

Comment

Top Tip: If a hotel gives you free wired Internet service but wireless is chargeable and you want to use wireless, plug into the wired Internet and login, disconnect but don`t log off (you must not clear browser history or cookies when disconnecting from wired internet) and you should be able to use the wireless Internet for free. If it comes up with the login screen it has not worked!

Does not always work, use at your own risk!
                            Last edited by Singapore Sling; 14 May 2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

A note on Wi Fi hotspots to eveyone here to keep you all safe online, this covers all open (unencrypted or everyone uses the same password) Wi Fi hotspots not just hotels. If you use a Wi Fi that is open anyone on the same network can snoop on what you are doing. ie get your data, passwords, login details ect. So make sure you use a VPN (virtual private network) client if you are login in to any sites (like SQTalk) or are sending important data.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
                                Top Tip: If a hotel gives you free wired Internet service but wireless is chargeable and you want to use wireless, plug into the wired Internet and login, disconnect but don`t log off (you must not clear browser history or cookies when disconnecting from wired internet) and you should be able to use the wireless Internet for free. If it comes up with the login screen it has not worked!

Does not always work, use at your own risk!
                                This always worked @Hilton Singapore, go to the lounge for the free internet.... go back to the room and you still connected as if you are in Lounge.

Comment

Working...
                                X