Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westin or intercontinental in sydney

Please help me decide as i cant!! lol

I have narrowed my choise of hotel in Sydney down to the inertcontintal or westin.

so which should it be, which has the best rooms which has best location for sight seeing stuff.

The westin is a bit more expensive though not that much but i hear the inter has smallish rooms is this so?

Help Thanks Skooby

Westin is located in Martin Place, it's closer to the shopping area in George Street and many offices are located around this area. They are newer too.

Intercontinental is located in Circular Quay, near many upscale restaurants, Opera House, and The Rocks. I just stayed there last week, wasn't impressed. The room size is okay, definitely not small-ish, although maybe the bathroom is a bit small-ish. Service wasn't great. I'm platinum ambassador and there was no recognition whatsoever. The staff was efficient, but no smiles and no warmth. The club lounge has gorgeous harbor view though...

The room in IC Sydney:

Comment

Good shopping on Martin Pl which is where the Westin is.

IC better located for Sydney Harbour tourist attractions, as pointed out above it's right at Circular Quay. Lots of nice restaurants and pubs at The Rocks. Though, Westin isn't too far away from this location either - just a few blocks away or a 15 mins walk (and i'm a slow walker).
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Hi there again

I am now wondering about seviced appartments in Sydneyas anyone experiance of a v. good appartment in ither DBD Rock or Darling hourbor?

Thanks for all your help

Skooby

Comment

In regards to service apartments, I like Quay Grand Suites in Sydney. It has fabulous view of the harbor with priced to match. It has been getting rave reviews at the tripadvisor.

Another that I have tried is Pacific International Suites. It's only 5 minutes walk away from Darling Harbor and the shopping areas in George Street. Decent room, clean, and relatively affordable. Some rooms at the higher floor has view of the darling harbor.

Also try to check out Medina, Mantra, Meriton, or Quest, I have no experience with these brands unfortunately.

EDIT: The Pacific International Suites is no longer there. It's been re-branded as Mantra on Kent =_="
          Last edited by singaporu_kooku; 12 October 2008, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that singaporu_kooku

I liked the look of Quay Grand Suites think ill check the price on that one.

BTW are any appartment attch to hotels as would be nice to have the best of both worlds

Skooby

oops i think the Quay Grand Suites are hotel attach is this right
            Last edited by skooby; 13 October 2008, 02:17 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure with what you mean as hotel attached to the apartment.

However, service and amenities wise, Quay Grand Suites does feel like a hotel. They have daily housekeeping, 24hr reception, concierge, swimming pool, sauna, restaurant, etc.

Comment

A Harbour-view Club room in the IC Syd must be one of my favourite-ist stays ever! Okay, it was also New Year's Eve 07/08, and the view of the fireworks from the Club at the top of the hotel was nothing short of spectacular.
                What a memory...

Comment

Working...
                X