Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A|Club - The New Loyalty Program of Accor/Sofitel/Mercure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
    It also has a fair bit to do with the owners of the hotels, if the owners aren't willing to bring the hotel up to the standard it will get pegged back a brand...

Another notable property to be re-branded from Sofitel is the Sofitel Seminyak - she's now part of the MGallery brand, although I don't see this as a negative for the property itself, IMO, it quite suits the MGallery brand better.

For those playing at home her new name is: The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Actually I was referring to so-called Sofitel Palm Resort JB which was too run down to be called Sofitel at the first place. In fact now they are not even Pullman or even MGallery. They are just simply Mercure

Yes, indeed I was told the property owner was asked to upgrade their property or they have to drop the Sofitel brand to some other brand
    visit my blog

Comment

It's ok lingua101, I knew exactly which property you were referring to, I was actually due to stay there in September - and I was quite impressed with my dealings with the staff - especially the GM, great guy and only too happy to help me arrange transport here'n'there - shame that my plans fell through in the end, and I had to tell him that I wouldn't be coming.

When I'm in Bali next, I will be looking to try the Pullman Nirvana Legian, was close to a transfer there this time last year and had lunch with the GM on a couple of occasions. It looked like it was going to be a fantastic property. The GM often updates me on how things are going.

Comment

It's ok lingua101, I knew exactly which property you were referring to, I was actually due to stay there in September - and I was quite impressed with my dealings with the staff - especially the GM, great guy and only too happy to help me arrange transport here'n'there - shame that my plans fell through in the end, and I had to tell him that I wouldn't be coming.

When I'm in Bali next, I will be looking to try the Pullman Nirvana Legian, was close to a transfer there this time last year and had lunch with the GM on a couple of occasions. It looked like it was going to be a fantastic property. The GM often updates me on how things are going.
        do they finally open? they have a hard time on the negotiation with the property owners.....
        visit my blog

Comment

Yup open and ready to go - yes things there seemed to take an eternity - over a year late in opening!

Not sure whether it was the owners or the construction company, I heard it was the latter... Just didn't appear to be any urgency...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            not a single time did I ever just have a kind 'no problem, we'll handle that for you' (something I've 80-90% of the time received when staying with Hilton or SPG, even when they are running very high occupancies in peak periods, whether it's NY or Christmas - anyway, no more ranting from me about the VIE... hehe)
            Only 80-90% with SPG ? I've asked many times and can only remember once when they refused at check-in (in NYC the day before a public holiday; but I was given it when I phoned up to ask for it after I got to my room!). That benefit and the free Internet are for me the most important benefits of plat.

Comment

I have had a couple of occasions where that happened, the most 'memorable' being at the LM KUL when I was SPG Gold... mind you, they seemed to be hosting quite a delegation that day and the PM was giving a speech in the hotel on the first night...

Comment

Yup open and ready to go - yes things there seemed to take an eternity - over a year late in opening!

Not sure whether it was the owners or the construction company, I heard it was the latter... Just didn't appear to be any urgency...
                It is not the construction company. The property was ready since early this year (at least, as I saw it).

What I heard from my sources in Bali, the room was sold individually (as a timeshare) before they pinched the contract with Pullman. Hence, every owner decor his/her own room as whatever he/she wants.

But when Pullman comes, they want certain level of standard, so that's why the lengthy negotiation with each individual rooms owner.
                visit my blog

Comment

But when Pullman comes, they want certain level of standard, so that's why the lengthy negotiation with each individual rooms owner.
                  Way to operate!

Comment

Have any one stayed at the Hotel iBis Riverside?

Looking at the map, it seems that the property is located on the Thon buri side of Bangkok... am I right?

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-70...location.shtml
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                      Have any one stayed at the Hotel iBis Riverside?

Looking at the map, it seems that the property is located on the Thon buri side of Bangkok... am I right?

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-70...location.shtml
                      If you like your beds hard as rock and your room to look like every other IBIS of recent construction then you will be right at home! Have you been to the one in Sathorn or Sukhumvit (can't remember the #), they are mostly same/ same!

Comment

kapitan, haven't stayed at ibis Riverside but can confirm it is on the Thon Buri side of BKK..

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                        If you like your beds hard as rock and your room to look like every other IBIS of recent construction then you will be right at home!
                        QSG,

Not entirely sure what you're getting at here, but that's how the ibis brand is positioned - there are a few exceptions to this rule - ibis Brisbane and ibis Melbourne come to mind, but the majority of ibis hotels will look the same - it builds familiarity with the brand...

I personally don't mind the ibis bed, having stayed in my fair share of them, I've not had a bad night sleep...

Comment

kapitan, haven't stayed at ibis Riverside but can confirm it is on the Thon Buri side of BKK..

QSG,

Not entirely sure what you're getting at here, but that's how the ibis brand is positioned - there are a few exceptions to this rule - ibis Brisbane and ibis Melbourne come to mind, but the majority of ibis hotels will look the same - it builds familiarity with the brand...

I personally don't mind the ibis bed, having stayed in my fair share of them, I've not had a bad night sleep...
                          I am quite well acquainted with the Accor chains (being a Plat.), the thing that bothers me is that it makes it boring to stay there! The new Novotel in BKK, has the same rooms as the one in Taipei.....Most of the new builds will look the same room wise no matter the locale......too bad!

Comment

I am quite well acquainted with the Accor chains (being a Plat.), the thing that bothers me is that it makes it boring to stay there! The new Novotel in BKK, has the same rooms as the one in Taipei.....Most of the new builds will look the same room wise no matter the locale......too bad!
                            I guess that's call branding right? No matter where you go Novotel will look the same. Likewise IBIS.

I think this is not new. Shangrila also does the same thing
                            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                              I guess that's call branding right? No matter where you go Novotel will look the same. Likewise IBIS.

I think this is not new. Shangrila also does the same thing
                              None of the 5 different Shangrila I have had the pleasure of staying at look the same (roomwise or otherwise)......and a comparison to cookie cutter IBIS and Novotel is rather curious! Nevertheless I stand by my opinion that this so called branding is just plain boring ! And at least in BKK at the price point they go for is not worth it !

Comment

None of the 5 different Shangrila I have had the pleasure of staying at look the same (roomwise or otherwise)......and a comparison to cookie cutter IBIS and Novotel is rather curious! Nevertheless I stand by my opinion that this so called branding is just plain boring ! And at least in BKK at the price point they go for is not worth it !
                                I have only been to 2 Shangrila. So I have to give it to you. But that's what my friend in hospitality industry told me.

I guess for Shangrila is not so obvious, as they may still have some "local" touch. For the new IBIS and Mercure, it is almost identical. I think this will ensure the standard is there.

Not sure about Novotel, as I have only been to the one in KL
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X