Kindly Recommend A Taipei Hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Boy, we've come a longgg way from when this thread first started...

I was thinking if I should start a separate Starwood Taiwan thread, but decided not to in the end, because it seems all the properties are IN Taipei (or nearby)...

Does the HUGE one still support the Westin as *the* hotel of choice in Taipei? I'm about to book my Christmas - NYE plans in Taipei and need about two nights at the start of the holiday and one night to finish it off.
    So coincidental! I will be counting down for the 2nd time in Taiwan! Taking SQ on 24 Dec and returning 5 Jan. My advice for budget travellers is to stay in Xinmending! Had booked for TS Hotel which is one of the top choices in that area, if not Taipei for very cheap and comfortable accomodation.

Free Broadband internet with LCD TV with free local breakfast. Space is not big and most rooms have no windows but you have everything you need for a good stay.

Comment

Haha, drop us a PM in case you're counting down at the 101 then!

Comment

The W TPE's opening is now postponed to Feb 14, 2011. There goes that option for NYE... leaning towards the Sheraton now since jhm reckons the Westin looks *tired*

Comment

The W TPE's opening is now postponed to Feb 14, 2011. There goes that option for NYE... leaning towards the Sheraton now since jhm reckons the Westin looks *tired*
          If you think the Westin is "tired," wait until you see the Sheraton!

Did you LOOK at KeithMEL's pics???
          HUGE AL

Comment

We seriously need some updated non-hotel-sanctioned pics here... anyone?

Comment

try the Tango Nanshi, Kyo
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I'm seriously considering that or the Hyatt now... but the pull of the SPG promo is trying to convince me otherwise...

Comment

I'm seriously considering that or the Hyatt now... but the pull of the SPG promo is trying to convince me otherwise...
                  I'm telling you, Westin is fine. Hyatt is OK, but if it's for NYE, I'd actually stay there for its location...even though it's haunted and more dated than the Westin. I'm done.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    I'm telling you, Westin is fine. Hyatt is OK, but if it's for NYE, I'd actually stay there for its location...even though it's haunted and more dated than the Westin. I'm done.
                    i agree with HUGE AL 1000% on this one... i definitely dont think the westin is tired-looking. but for NYE, grand hyatt is ground central for celebrating.

Comment

I plan to stay at Shangri-La Far Eastern Plaza in mid Nov.
                      I was wondering if any kind soul out there is able to help me out in helping me get a cheaper rate as the rate they have on their website is quite high....

Any help in this is much appreciated.....

Comment

leaning towards the Sheraton now since jhm reckons the Westin looks *tired*
                        Well, the Westin is under renovation now - half the lobby has disappeared behind a wall hiding construction. I do like this hotel though - I've been given a suite every time together with a couple of cans of Taiwanese beer and some sweets.

I stayed at the 4P Chung Ho earlier this week and whilst it's not that close to the airport (NTD 1,100 by taxi from the airport compared to NTD 1,300 yesterday to the Westin after the driver took me to the W first by mistake!), I did get a nice letter from the 4P apologising for the lack of an upgrade and enclosing a bag of toiletries instead.

Comment

Any one tried Hotel Eight Zone?.. Looks chic..
                          We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

We seriously need some updated non-hotel-sanctioned pics here... anyone?
                            Here are some of the Hyatt.

Living Room

Bedroom

Office

Living Room

Bathroom 1

Comment

Any ghostly encounters at the Taipei Hyatt, Singapore Sling?

A few days after Halloween this year, I was at a travel lodge in the UK. I was typing away at a nasty email but then the cursor decided to do its own thing! It started moving across the icons at the bottom, then clicked at my contact list in gmail, and went through the names. I don't know if someone had hacked into my computer or 'it' was telling me I should not continue with the email. I told 'it' to stop and go away and not to disturb me, then continued tapping away at my email (and sent it of course! ).

I don't know if that was a ghostly encounter, whether 'it' was part of the hotel, or 'it' is my spiritual guide and is always with me. I don't want supernatural encounters (unhappy ghosts haunting hotel rooms) but spirit guides are fine with me.

Hmmm.. I have forgotten about this incident, until now. I have booked for another night at the same hotel next week! The rates were cheap. Maybe it is haunted!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                                Any ghostly encounters at the Taipei Hyatt, Singapore Sling?
                                No nothing at all, which for me is strange. Have one at home and seem to attract them. Never seen one just what they do, like objects moving around the room by them selfs or TVs going on when unpluged.

Comment

Working...
                                X