St. Regis Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Not the rest but I'm fairly sure I had roti prata there a year or so ago.
    Roti prata has always been on the a la carte breakfast menu. There was a time a year and a half ago when at breakfast, one had a choice of either just the continental breakfast buffet or that plus the hot breakfast items made to order.

Nowadays, the breakfast buffet does include hot items plus the local flavor dishes as mentioned in my previous post. Interesting to note, on the next day, the roti prata accompaniment was a chicken and chick pea curry (no longer strictly vegetarian) and on the following day, it was replaced by a potoo mayyam (vermicelli pancakes) with vegetable korma curry.
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

After planning to stay at st regis for a long time, Ive decided to book a 4 day stay
      Cant wait for it!visited in on friday for lunch and it was awesome!
      Cant wait for tmr to come!

Comment

Oh, will you also be in Singapore on the 14th of August? We have a couple of us planning a little somethin' somethin'... would be nice to say hello

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Oh, will you also be in Singapore on the 14th of August? We have a couple of us planning a little somethin' somethin'... would be nice to say hello
          im actually a japanese residing in Singapore

A little something something?

Comment

It would be our pleasure to invite you to our little somethin' somethin'

Please join, I do believe everyone in attendance loves Japan

Comment

Now that my stay's over let me give all of you an opinion about my experience
              When i first arrived, there was no doorman to open the cab door or the main glass door to the hotel though there was a bellboy who took my luggage.

As i checked in early, they did not have my specific room ready. After 2 hours my room was ready but they assigned me to a non smoking room on the 19th floor with 2 single beds which was not what i had asked for. It took me numerous calls to change my room and they finally did it at night!!!

Service there was slow.( I rather they have an ice machine near the lifts or have some coffee and tea facilities in the room then disturb the butler with my every need! though i would prefer the convenience of doing things myself rather than wait 20minutes for a bucket of ice! or another 30minutes for coffee!)

The food in their French restaurant and Italian was ABSOLUTELY horrible!(maybe it might not have been to my liking) The swimming pool was quite small and filled with soooo many guests! The gym was functional and the spa was great!

The rooms took my breath away! the first room was nice though i preferred the second room even though the second room was a "Downgraded" room as they did not have any more rooms from the price range i specified. Now i know, Cheaper is Better heehee^^

Overall i enjoyed my stay and would't mind staying there again!

Comment

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay soarbeyond! I'm staying there next week in a Grand Deluxe room - what room where you staying in?

Comment

I was in a Lady Astor Room and then got the "downgrade" to a Exec Deluxe Room. The final bill had also been charged accordingly.
                  Alot Cheaper than the Lady Astor Room. hahah

Comment

soarbeyond, so...

* there was nobody to help you on arrival

* they didn't give you the room you asked for and you had to chase many times before they did anything

* the service was slow, e.g. 30 minutes for a coffee

* the food was "ABSOLUTELY horrible"

* the pool was packed with people

but:

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                    Overall i enjoyed my stay and would't mind staying there again!

From your experience, I know not to eat at the hotel again (apart from the complimentary plat breakfast) given that it doesn't seem to have improved since when the hotel opened...

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    I had dinner at the poolside restaurant the other night [...]

Despite being the only customer, the food was overcooked (e.g. tough and dry kebabs) and/or the particular combination just didn't work (e.g. what had the taste and texture of an orange lollipop on top of pastry). Two of my courses arrived at the same time so one became cold whilst I ate the other. The lights kept being dimmed and then brightened throughout the time I was there! Other staff kept walking in and out of the restaurant.

The only good point was that the staff were extremely friendly and chatty (but currently inept), e.g. wanting to know my dessert order at the beginning of the meal; asking whether I wanted milk with my espresso ; and the mulitiple enquiries whether I was enjoying my meal (even to the extent of somebody collaring me as I left for some comments - I was too kind to say anything...).

Comment

Haha well...maybe the reason why i would stay there again is because it has a certain "spark" for me. Maybe the architecture of the facade and the interior design of the hotel has made me over look all aspects of their "software"
                      Hah!The poolside restaurant! Oh My God!I had the worst pasta in my life there!It was pretty packed the night i ate there...I remembered very clearly that the lady seated beside me was complaining about how horrible her spaghetti was and they promptly changed it to pasta.

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                        Haha well...maybe the reason why i would stay there again is because it has a certain "spark" for me. Maybe the architecture of the facade and the interior design of the hotel has made me over look all aspects of their "software"
                        Hah!The poolside restaurant! Oh My God!I had the worst pasta in my life there!It was pretty packed the night i ate there...I remembered very clearly that the lady seated beside me was complaining about how horrible her spaghetti was and they promptly changed it to pasta.
                        You're not the first one pointing out all these service flaws, looks like service standards have really drop a lot in recent time. When I was staying there about 2 years ago, it was much much better and I was so impressed I rated it 5/5 in my review in tripadvisor. Room quality wise, this is definitely one of the best if not the best in Singapore by far.

Comment

The St Regis Singapore is possibly one of the ugliest hotels I've visited.

I do like the old world charms of some hotels. Unfortunately this hotel is not really old. The ornate decorations are 'fake' old and the overall design elements clash - Read Guy Betsey's post earlier in the thread.

The saving grace is the nice huge bathrooms.

Breakfast service is sloooow. Staff behaving like headless chickens.

It's not even in a convenient part of Orchard Road, compared to the Marriot or Hyatt. One gets rather hot and bothered after walking down the stretch of Orchard to the MRT station. But I suppose most clients at St Regis would have fits if I told them to take the public transit, rather than the cabs.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                            The St Regis Singapore is possibly one of the ugliest hotels I've visited.

:'(

Comment

I wouldn't say ugly. Gaudy, yes...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                I wouldn't say ugly. Gaudy, yes...
                                Gaudy???

hee hee ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X