Future W Hotels (and Retreats and Spas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    It's a hole, and it doesn't seem as convenient to get from Sentosa to the mainland as it is from Kowloon to HK Island.
    WOW, that's kinda harsh. I rather enjoyed it.
    HUGE AL

Comment

I guess this is the same Westin which was mentioned for the end of 2009 in the article linked to by Jubilee777 above.

Regardless, Westin or W - both will be better than the current other SPG options in SIN IMVHO...

Comment

Seriously, there are taxis here. That go to Sentosa. And are very affordable for the likes of KeithMEL. No MRT-ing for you, don't worry!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Seriously, there are taxis here. That go to Sentosa. And are very affordable for the likes of KeithMEL. No MRT-ing for you, don't worry!
          But heard its pretty hard to get a taxi from Sentosa. Not many taxi drivers are willing to go there to pick passengers up. This is also true when calling to book a taxi.

Comment

The trick is to stand in the public carparks... I've not had any problems calling taxis there (okay, I don't go every week, but I must have gone about 6-7 times last year... I might have been extraordinarily lucky, but at least 3 times I called a cab and it wasn't too bad).

It's not that much further for a taxi in the Vivocity vicinity actually.

*yes the pm box is full, but will do housekeeping quickfast!*

Comment

*yes the pm box is full, but will do housekeeping quickfast!*
              We really do need more space.
              HUGE AL

Comment

The trick is to stand in the public carparks... I've not had any problems calling taxis there
                Uh yeah... fine strategy, if you're coming from KM8 or Cafe del Mar... May not work so well if you're at one of the hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  Uh yeah... fine strategy, if you're coming from KM8 or Cafe del Mar... May not work so well if you're at one of the hotels.
                  Haha! You got me 2 out of 2 (for the carparks)!

But the other 5 times were at the Shangri-la, the Cliff, and various taxi stands here and there, hehe - must have been at the right place at the right time!

Comment

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...l,717541.shtml

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) today announced plans to open W Paris-Opéra in 2011, marking the debut of W Hotels Worldwide in France. Located in the chic and bustling Opéra area of Paris, amid lively cafés, contemporary designer boutiques, and buzzing restaurants and nightlife destinations, W Paris-Opéra will occupy an elegant 1870s Haussmann era building, close to the Galleries Lafayette and Place Vendome in an area where Paris earned its praise as the “City of Lights.”
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) today announced plans to open W Paris-Opéra in 2011, marking the debut of W Hotels Worldwide in France.
                      Joining the W London (Leicester Square) and W Manchester both mentioned above in this thread as opening (apparently) in 2010.

Not exactly the same clientele as the W but just to mention that the Shangri-la Paris (their first in Europe) is also due to open next year. There's also a Shangri-La London Bridge due to open in the next year or so too.

Whether these openings and others manage to bring down hotel prices in London and Paris remains to be seen..

Comment

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) today announced plans to open W Paris-Opéra in 2011, marking the debut of W Hotels Worldwide in France. Located in the chic and bustling Opéra area of Paris, amid lively cafés, contemporary designer boutiques, and buzzing restaurants and nightlife destinations, W Paris-Opéra will occupy an elegant 1870s Haussmann era building, close to the Galleries Lafayette and Place Vendome in an area where Paris earned its praise as the “City of Lights.”
                        OH NO! Paris just became cheesy!
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          OH NO! Paris just became cheesy!
                          The World is now Wonderful. Will take a bit than a W Hotel that to make me want to go back to Paris though.

Now 1 in Australia (other than where I live and have no need for hotels that is) please!
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Now 1 in Australia (other than where I live and have no need for hotels that is) please!
                            KeithMEL,

Don't you mean for W to return back to Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                              KeithMEL,

Don't you mean for W to return back to Australia?
                              Yes I meant that. Woolloomooloo was v nice. Still is actually even as Blue Hotel. They still have the bar, Otto etc. The thing that killed it was the wharfs' location - superb for tourists but no good for the corporate market.

Comment

I liked it as a W, not so much as Blue... I feel it's lost its personable edge since changing hands...

A W would be better located where the Establishment hotel or The Blackett Hotel are..

Comment

Working...
                                X