X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#18 Oakwood Premier AMTD Singapore

Oakwood Premier AMTD Singapore
    One-Bedroom Executive Apartment

Keeping up with my staycations, the next stay was at Oakwood Premier AMTD sometime in late-June this year.

Set in the heart of Singapore’s vibrant Central Business District, Oakwood Premier AMTD Singapore is an award-winning luxury hotel and serviced apartment that blends urban sophistication with nature-inspired elements to deliver an intimate oasis for international travelers. Distinctly modern, the property features 268 beautifully appointed apartments dressed in a luxe contemporary style. Enjoy unparalleled service and exclusive access to an excellent variety of recreational facilities, including a 24-hour fitness center, outdoor infinity pool, and Residents’ lounge.

Checking in at the beautiful lobby.

Heading up to the room.

I had booked the One-Bedroom Executive Apartment for this stay. At between 46-54sqm, the apartment is very spacious.

A showcase of modern design and sophisticated comfort, our one-bedroom apartments offer stylish business executives and couples a spacious accommodation that delivers ultimate comfort. Unwind in the living room and catch up on the latest movies with the smart TV and Samsung bluetooth speaker.

Enjoy a rejuvenating rain shower in the en-suite bathroom and retreat to the bedroom overlooking the bustling central business district, where a restful, deep slumber awaits with the plush king bed. Each apartment features a comprehensive suite of amenities, inclusive of complimentary Wi-Fi; a fully-equipped kitchen with a fine selection of kitchenware including Nespresso® coffee machine, electric kettle, oven, rice cooker and crockery; refrigerator; 49-inch Smart TV with international cable and local channels; Samsung bluetooth speaker; Samsung tablet and mobile phone; in-room safe as well as a washer/dryer.

Entering the apartment and there was a kitchenette and the small living area.

Lots of amenities hidden in the cabinets along the wall, including an ironing board and iron,

Toaster and rice-cooker

Full-sized fridge

Kitchenware galore

Nespresso coffees and Monogram teas provided.

Small but cozy living and dining area.

Bathroom and bedroom is down the corridor.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

The toilet is separated from the bathroom.

Bathroom with shower.

Bathroom amenities

Further down the corridor is the bedroom with a comfortable King bed, another TV and a workdesk.

Wardrobe with the usual amenities provided.

A handphone for local use and a tablet with hotel directory are provided.

We lucked out and had a bedroom with views towards the port.

My Travel Map

Comment

Our package was inclusive of an in-room set dinner.

Dinner was delivered to our apartment at the scheduled timing.

Starting with Crispy Chicken wings with Truffle maple drizzle.

Udon soup and Chicken Karaage

Main of Salmon En Papillote with Wild Mushroom Veloute

And Curry Cod Fish and Chips. Overall a satisfying dinner.

Next morning, due to ongoing restrictions on dining-in, we had to collect our breakfast from the hotel restaurant.

Breakfast menu selection.

My Travel Map

Comment

Our breakfast sets

A quick peek into the gym, which was not too big, but well-equipped.

Infinity pool was beautiful though.

A pleasant short stay at Oakwood AMTD.

My Travel Map

Comment

#19 Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay

Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay
            Signature Marina Bay Room

Next stay was at the newly revamped Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay.

PARKROYAL COLLECTION Marina Bay, Singapore is the country’s first ‘Garden-in-a-Hotel’. Sitting in the heart of the Central Business District and the Marina Bay area, this upscale hotel is a stone’s throw away from well-loved Singapore landmarks, world-class attractions and dynamic art scene - hallmarks of a destination hotel for travellers seeking unique experiences. Catering to conscious and mindful travellers, the hotel focuses on stylish and contemporary vibes that are brought to life through green innovations, biophilic design, iconic architecture, eco-friendliness and lifestyle experiences.

Entering the hotel entrance to the concierge, with a vertical green wall.

Reception was at the 4th level. The 'Garden-in-the-hotel' concept is evident.

The packaged booked was inclusive of a 100% dining credit, which could be used at most of the hotel restaurants and in-room dining. It was a fantastic deal!

Heading up to the room and marveling at the architecture which was once the Marina Mandarin Hotel.

The package was booked into the 31-33sqm Signature Marina Bay Room.

Marvel at the awe-inspiring view of the magnificent Marina Bay from your own balcony in the Signature Marina Bay Room. Each room is replete with premium eco-friendly biodegradable bath amenities and a generous workspace making it a top-notch accommodation option among the hotels in the Marina Bay.

Entering the room, with the wardrobe near the entrance.

Room was of reasonable-size, with modern design focused on the wooden concept.

My Travel Map

Comment

Sleek and modern room.

In the Covid era, hotel services has turned digital.

Glass bottled water and a care pack was provided.

Nespresso coffees and Dilmah teas. The Nespresso machine uses commercial capsules, ie. unable to be used on home machines.

Even though the bedroom was totally re-done, efforts seemed to be lacking in the bathroom. There was a shower cubicle (no rain-shower) and an old-style bathtub (which by-the-way was awkwardly facing the toilet bowl when lying in it).

Only the washbasin area seemed to be upgraded, with a new sink and filtered water dispenser. Bath amenities were by Metis.

As per the room category suggests, the balcony was facing the Marina Bay area.

My Travel Map

Comment

Views from the balcony.

Can't get bored with the lovely designs.

Visited the gym, which was spacious and very well-equipped, easily one of the better hotel gyms (understand that memberships are also offered for the gym usage).

Heading outside was the Collection Club lounge, which I had no access to.

Views around the lounge was great though.

My Travel Map

Comment

Hotel pool

Using the dining credits, we had dinner at Peach Blossoms.

Peach Blossoms exudes a fresh and contemporary energy. Through the use of seasonal produce, modern culinary techniques and artful presentation, award-winning Executive Chinese Chef Edward Chong breathes new life into our traditional Cantonese restaurant in Singapore, creating signature dishes that tell stories and evoke senses.

The experiential journey is enhanced by its rejuvenated space that features light woods, nature-inspired palette and a touch of oriental. With views of the Marina Bay and natural light streaming in through the windows, Peach Blossoms offers a warm and inviting ambience for a culinary discovery into a whole new world of Chinese dining.

We ordered the set menu for 2, as well as a couple of ala-carte dishes. It was an excellent and very filling dinner.

My Travel Map

Comment

Hotel 'garden' at night.

Took a peek into the Collection Club Lounge, which was empty. The lounge seemed pretty cozy though.

The mineral water swimming pool that comes alive at night with 1,380 glowing fibre-optic lights

Night skyline, when weather was not too good.

After the skies had cleared.

Always nice to wake up to a view like this.

The next morning, we went for a bit of tan at The Green Space, a soft carpet lawn perfect for refreshing sunrise or sunset workouts, evening cocktails and wedding solemnisations.

My Travel Map

Comment

Followed with more sun by the pool.

Had a dim sum lunch back at Peach Blossom, and it was excellent again.

Marina Bay view during awesome weather.

My Travel Map

Comment

Not during the stay, but we also tried the buffet restaurant, Peppermint, just a few days after the stay.

The brand-new all-day dining restaurant Peppermint (formerly known as AquaMarine) welcomes you into nature's embrace with sights of greenery and a healthful farm-to-table cuisine that offers the best flavours from around the world.

The new all-you-can-eat concept provides a wide variety of wholesome Asian and International favourites, freshly prepared at the open display kitchen. With a renewed focus on conscious eating, Peppermint’s new menus include plant-based options and the use of sustainably and locally sourced ingredients.

Based on latest government advisory and restrictions for dine-in, Peppermint is operating based on a la carte buffet style, with self-serve buffets suspended till further notice.

It was certainly a fantastic feasting stay at Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay.

My Travel Map

Comment

Thanks for doing this series! Have a trip to SG scheduled for next month and there's a few properties that I'm looking at which you have provided a review for. Nice to have high quality pics and a good opinion instead of having to rely on tripadvisor.

Comment

Naumi Singapore
                            Patio Room

The next stay is at a boutique hotel, Naumi Singapore.

Welcome to Naumi Singapore, a sky high sanctuary that blends effortless luxury with grounding tranquillity. Standing tall, our boutique hotel is a triumph in modern minimalism and stylish functionality. Artistic expressions set the scene in our designer spaces which include 73 spacious rooms, considered event areas, decadent dining and a rooftop that floats amidst Singapore’s skyline.

Hotel facade with vertical garden.

51964765724_cf8cc926d4_o.jpg

Various eclectic art pieces at the hotel lobby and corridors.

Heading to the room.

​​

For this stay, I had booked the Patio Room.

Your very own breath of fresh air in the heart of Singapore. Our Patio rooms brings the outdoors in with a daybed in your own private oasis fit to complement 33sqm of luxury. Enjoy a night of undisturbed, restful sleep in your luxurious king-sized bed with Naumi’s 300 Thread-Count Egyptian Cotton bedding. Some of our Eden & Nirwana Room highlights include Apple TV, Nespresso machine, premium bath amenities and complimentary in-room refreshments.

Entering the room.

​​

Open-concept bathroom with closet.

​​

Amenities with quirky descriptions.

​​
                            ​​

Washbasin and bath amenities.

​​

​​
                            ​​

Complimentary beverages and a bar of chocolates.

51965041565_f1eb15ac49_o.jpg

Last edited by ycp81; 28 March 2022, 11:25 PM.

My Travel Map

Comment

More complimentary snacks, coffees and teas.

Separate shower and toilet.

Naumi-branded shower amenities.

Sizable and cozy room.

Bottled drinking water

Ironing facilities below the bed.

Feeling turned on?

Of course, the patio is the highlight of the room.

My Travel Map

Comment

Exploring the hotel facilities. The two small gyms are at alternate levels, with one for cardio and the other for weights.

Rooftop swimming pool.

Sip, stay and play poolside among the bright lights of the Singapore skyline. Our rooftop Cloud 9 Infinity pool makes it feel like summer no matter the weather. With romantic loungers and a poolside bar, settle into the hottest rooftop in Singapore.

We had an enjoyable dinner at Violet Oon Satay Bar and Grill.

Breakfast was at the hotel restaurant Florian. Breakfast was ala-carte and of high quality.

51964765389_7dcbb3d37a_o.jpg

Overall an enjoyable time at Naumi Singapore. Would like to try one of its suites in the future soon!

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X