X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    WARNING!
    ADULT CONTENT.
    THE CONTENT OF THIS POST MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SOME READERS.

I hear that the location is just across from Patpong.
    So far it's only about ten floors opened. Yes, there are those artsy stuff ala LM. The signage is in English and Japanese.
    The hotel staff must have been adapted so well to the reality of life. Friends of Dorothy would feel comfortable staying here. Of course, the Japanese men would feel home here as well. You will find the Japanese men guest here with local girl. Of course, it's not all the guests like that. But you get the jist of what might you encounter in your next stay. Definitely if you like partying in Patpong, this is where you should stay.
    Thanks for the info, SQ LPP. I look forward to staying there when/if I do visit Bangkok again, but sadly have no imminent plans to do so.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

BKK - Sukhumvit Hotels?

Now we have booked our flights we are trying to make a decision on where to stay during our business trip - We need to stay on Sukhumvit due to meeting etc so have narrowed down to the following - The Westin / The Millennium / The Sheraton + the Landmark - All the rates are not a million miles from each other for club floor deluxe rooms but if anybody could maybe let us know wher they would suggest is the best of these ones (or if thay have another ideas) it would be great - Thanks

Comment

It really depends where on Sukhumvit you have to be in terms of convenience.

That's a realllyyyy long road..

And everyone is going to say The Sheraton, I bet..

Comment

Well to be honest I dont know BKK at all - Do not want to have to taxi everywhere all the time so it would be nice to be within walking distance of good bars / restaurants etc

Comment

Then you won't go wrong with the Westin Grande Sukhumvit. Don't like the SGS - too stuffy for me.

Comment

Have tou stayed at the Westin?

Comment

Originally posted by porsche View Post
                Have tou stayed at the Westin?

Too many times i fear.

Comment

Millenium is a new, nice, and cheap hotel.
                  blog

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    Too many times i fear.

Please advise are the Club rooms worth booking - How are the restaurants and what floors are your preference

Comment

• Originally posted by porsche View Post
                      Please advise are the Club rooms worth booking - How are the restaurants and what floors are your preference

I've never eaten anything apart from a small bite at the lounge on the 7th floor and a few bites at the club lounge so I can't really comment on the food since it's a far bigger preference of mine to go down one of the side soi's and eat something from the side of the road (yum!)

Club rooms are nice, fairly modern. Lounge is nice, staff pretty good. Can't go wrong really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        It really depends where on Sukhumvit you have to be in terms of convenience.

That's a realllyyyy long road..

*cough*Accor Hotels*cough*

Comment

• I like SGS more because it's connected with the sky train, but i prefer Conrad on wireless road, it's close to sukhumvit anyway.

The lounge in Conrad is way better compare to all hotel you mentioned IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                            *cough*Accor Hotels*cough*

Mate, the three Accor properties that I stay in BKK for various reasons are not in Sukhumvit.

As I'm not in that area much, to be honest.

Pullman - as it's hands down my favourite, most consistent property and the champagne flows freely if I find my favourite member of staff.

VIE - if I want to change money across/down the street the next day

Ibis - when I feel cheap

Nothing more I need. Also note that they are all around the Pratunam/Rachathewi/Siam area, which is actually where I am most of the time, for a variety of reasons.

I've stayed at Le Fenix which is a bit of a walk down the soi but very near to Bedsupper, but rather underwhelming, to be honest. I think I'm more a Pullman kinda guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Of course, because it's the best , especially if you are SPG Plat.

Note the SGS does not have a lounge.

Originally posted by mhadian View Post
                              I like SGS more because it's connected with the sky train, but i prefer Conrad on wireless road, it's close to sukhumvit anyway.

The lounge in Conrad is way better compare to all hotel you mentioned IMO.
                              The Westin is also as good as connected to be fair as it's directly opposite.

I do not like the Westin, mainly due to the annoying double lift system as much as anything, and am always totally bemused by any Plats that stay there with the SGS opposite...unless its a lot cheaper of course.

Yes it has a lounge where the SGS doesn't, but the Grande Deluxe benefits at the SGS are fantastic, as you get three options for free drinks (Sala at the Pool, Living Room or BarSu) and you get a proper breakfast in the Orchid Cafe.

I agree the Conrad is very nice and has a nice lounge, but the OP wants to be on Sukhumvit. It's not far I agree. Another option is the J W Marriot. That's nice and has a good lounge.

I haven't stayed the the Millenium (I presume that's the new Grand Millenium on Asoke Road ?) or the Landmark.

Comment

• How far is the Conrad from the Westin? It actually looks very nice as well - and it has a good steak house I believe - Am I correct

Comment

Working...
                                X