Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the hints and tips, folks.

As it happens, circumstances have unfortunately changed since and my budget may well change by the date. So I'm going to hold off for a few months before booking - at the moment I'm looking at either the Krungthep Wing of the Shangri La or a Terrace Suite at the Conrad (getting Diamond back is sort of tempting).

Comment

• I am looking at either the J.W. Marriott (I am a Marriott PLT) or the Plaza Athenee Bangkok (my friend is a *wood PLT).

Which do you all think is a better experience?

Thanks,
      Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by dan1431 View Post
        I am looking at either the J.W. Marriott (I am a Marriott PLT) or the Plaza Athenee Bangkok (my friend is a *wood PLT).

Which do you all think is a better experience?

Thanks,
        Dan
        Hmm, tricky one.

Having stayed at both properties, if I was in your position (Marriott Plat (presumably) no SPG status) I would go for the Marriott.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Hmm, tricky one.

Having stayed at both properties, if I was in your position (Marriott Plat (presumably) no SPG status) I would go for the Marriott.
          But he could use the friends access to the lounge etc. at the P.A. could he not. I did as much at the SGS recently???. I also feel that the PA is better situated. I find the J.W. to be too close to the expressway, IMO!

Comment

• Originally posted by QSG View Post
            But he could use the friends access to the lounge etc. at the P.A. could he not. I did as much at the SGS recently???. I also feel that the PA is better situated. I find the J.W. to be too close to the expressway, IMO!
            Exactly, I could use my friends status for lounge access at the P.A. and he could use my status for lounge access at the J.W.

I was wondering if one property was much better than the other or if one lounge was nicer than the other.

Thanks,
            Dan

BTW, thanks again for all the great info and insight!

Comment

• Originally posted by QSG View Post
              The could indeed, but I would still go for the Marriott. Now, if the other option was the SGS, that's a totally different matter....

Originally posted by dan1431 View Post
              I was wondering if one property was much better than the other or if one lounge was nicer than the other.
              The Marriott, imo.

Comment

• Just been looking at rates for a forthcoming trip and see that the 4P is quoting THB 1900++ again.

Comment

• You should see their 'DAYBAR' code rates... ridiculous! (in a high sorta way)

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Just been looking at rates for a forthcoming trip and see that the 4P is quoting THB 1900++ again.
                    Been looking for this for 4-6 March and later on in March, can't find it.

What dates did you see those on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      Been looking for this for 4-6 March and later on in March, can't find it.

What dates did you see those on?
                      11/12 March was one and the other was in May IIRC. Checked again today and it was THB 2900 again.

Comment

• AM Bar at Four Points

Popped into the AM Bar on the roof of the Four Points today (tried last night but it was closed for a private party).

Overall not very impressed. It is quite nice but because all the buildings around it are taller you do not actually get a good view.

It does make a change to have an outside bar. There is a happy hour between 5.30 and 7.30 but I am not sure what makes it happy as the drink prices seemed to be the same as the rest of the time.

Comment

• But haven't all our friends from BarSu migrated over there? Doesn't that make up for it?
                          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            But haven't all our friends from BarSu migrated over there? Doesn't that make up for it?
                            yes but as I'm a relatively new BarSu customer, all the ex Bar Su girls at the AM bar had left before I first went to BarSu.

Of course one huge advantage it does have over BarSu is that it is a lot lot lot cheaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              yes but as I'm a relatively new BarSu customer, all the ex Bar Su girls at the AM bar had left before I first went to BarSu.

Of course one huge advantage it does have over BarSu is that it is a lot lot lot cheaper.
                              Ahhh... Is BarSu THAT expensive? I usually don't remember.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                                But haven't all our friends from BarSu migrated over there? Doesn't that make up for it?
                                Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                                The ex-BarSu girls over there had left BarSu and gone on to do other things before being recruited by the 4P. Great girls like most of the others.

Good!. We'll be nipping over there regularly then!. Are they showing football in there ?.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                                Ahhh... Is BarSu THAT expensive? I usually don't remember.
                                Very true, until you check out....

Comment

Working...
                                X