No announcement yet.

Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If those dates are for november, shouldn't the St Regis be open by then?

Comment

• Haha, you're forgetting this is SPG

Remember what they said about the W BKK's opening?

Comment

• Isn't the St Regis slated to open in April (afterall, they are on the recruitment trail for this one)

Unfortunately Starwood aren't the only company to get the snail treatment in BKK

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Perhaps http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10789 would interest you more than others then
          That's a little bit out of my reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
            If those dates are for november, shouldn't the St Regis be open by then?
            Isn't the St Regis likely to be all non-smoking?

Just like most new Hilton and SPG builds lately.

Comment

• iainbhx,

Nothing on the website that indicates either way, sorry...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Haha, you're forgetting this is SPG

Remember what they said about the W BKK's opening?
                Perhaps the opening date of the StR is an indication - 1st April 2011...

Comment

• You could also try the Conrad. Its location is not as good as the SGS but it is not bad. As a HH Gold you will be upgraded to an exec room so get access to the Exec club. I have also found them very flexible with late check outs.

Comment

• Originally posted by iainbhx View Post
                    Did I mention I requalified for Hilton Gold on base points with 5 stays one year.
                    Not wanting to take this too off-topic, but you did mention " Friends of Dorothy" so might I interest you in a stay at the Sukhotai on Satorn Road! You will be that much closer to many "friendly" places there! Also overlooked is the Metropolitan next door (which isn't too bad) and many luxe serviced residences in that same area !

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      You could also try the Conrad. Its location is not as good as the SGS but it is not bad. As a HH Gold you will be upgraded to an exec room so get access to the Exec club. I have also found them very flexible with late check outs.
                      Thank you, the last sentence is very helpful in that regard as I haven't found much information about their late check-out policy. A Conrad stay might also mean that I make Diamond this year - not that it makes much difference at my regular haunts (Berlin, Munich City, Cologne), they even treated me right when I dropped to Silver one year.

Comment

• Originally posted by QSG View Post
                        Not wanting to take this too off-topic, but you did mention " Friends of Dorothy" so might I interest you in a stay at the Sukhotai on Satorn Road! You will be that much closer to many "friendly" places there! Also overlooked is the Metropolitan next door (which isn't too bad) and many luxe serviced residences in that same area !
                        I looked at the Sukhotai and didn't like the look of it. I must admit I do like the look of the Metropolitan. Another one to throw into the equation.

Comment

I looked at the Sukhotai and didn't like the look of it. I must admit I do like the look of the Metropolitan. Another one to throw into the equation.
                          Interesting.....then you are for more modern style interior, The Sukhotai is considered one of the top hotels in BKK !

Comment

• The amenities at the Met BKK are amongst the best in BKK. I didn't have enough spare time there to make a 3-night stopover last year to stock up on my yearly Como Shambala supply, so I had to make do at the W instead

For funky rooms, LM BKK's also not bad. Pullman's top suites are also very good. SGS has one new updated suite apparently, according to MAN Flyer (would love any photo anyone has of this, really)...

You can also consider Dream BKK (just down the road from the 4P) - that's also rather funky, and near certain 'friendly' action spots.

Comment

• 4pts sheraton deal....

Hi all,

Usually a lurker here and learnt quite a few things from the "lao chiao" here.

Got a deal sent to me yesterday for sheraton 4pts in Bkk which is pretty good - S$235 for 3 nights with breakfast and airport transfer! Thought it was sold out already yesterday but it seem that they put out more vouchers last night. Go to the link below if you want to get in...currently left about 50...bought 5 myself!

http://www.streetdeal.sg/home/refer/10062/1

Comment

I haven't been to BKK for many years since I was a backpacker, these days my tastes are a bit more refined (or at least I think they are). I'm Hilton Gold and Starwood Gold, nothing really in any other programme, I've had good experiences with Shangri-La and wild horses wouldn't drag me into an Accor property again. I like luxury but not lots of formality and I prefer my properties to be Friend of Dorothy friendly (not that I think that's a problem in BKK).

My priorities are a) smoking room (or balcony/terrace), b) a late checkout because of that damn 2355 departure time c) Exec floor or suite.

My budget is probably about 15,000 THB a night at maximum.
                                As you are probably aware the Krung Thep Wing at the Shangri-La has rooms with balconies looking out over the river. It also benefits from being next to the SkyTrain.

With that budget you can stay almost anywhere in the city and get very well looked after. It is well known that I am a big fan of the SGS and have stayed there twice this week. I get very well looked after there and they had Grand Deluxe Suites available for me for both an 0800 and 0415 arrival this week. The 0415 arrival was booked only 18 hours before as well.

Have you looked at the Oriental and Peninsula on the river ?. They are two of the best and most expensive in the city but should still be available with a budget of THB 15000 per night. As others have pointed out the St Regis will be open then as well so may be worth checking the feedback on that. I will almost certainly have stayed there by then as will a few others on here I am sure.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

SGS has one new updated suite apparently, according to MAN Flyer (would love any photo anyone has of this, really)...
                                Sorry fella but been asked not to put them up. I'll show you them next time I see you.

Comment

Working...
                                X