Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    crappy SPG Promo
    Exactly what I feel about recent SPG promos (apart from the one Kyo is hinting about ) compared to ones in earlier years (three stays for 10k!) or Hyatt promos...

Comment

• Have PM-ed MAN Flyer the explanation. Don't think it's unreasonable what I'm planning. I'm a reasonable guy!

Comment

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
        Hello good sirs and mdms

Anyone has reviews about the Pullman Bangkok King Power. it is a toss between Novotel on Siam Square and this for my upcoming trip but i just wanted to check out on the offerings before naking a decision.

Specifically looking at beds, breakfast and proximity to shopping
        I have stayed there twice. Nice hotel. Not too far from BTS (you can walk around 5-10 min depend on how fast you walk, I can do it in 5 min). Big complex with the King Power DFS attached. Anyway the hotel is belong to the group.

Like Kyo said, Executive room is a 1 bed room type. Deluxe room is equally nice (although I do not quite like the layout, but not much complain). I like the toiletries they used. It is lemon grass base. Make me crazy to go around to find lemon grass shower gel. Smell very nice.

Nice pool also. Breakfast is quite a lot of variety (althought I think a bit pricy, if you do not get it for free).

the only thing is some taxi driver may not know the location. So please bring the hotel card or ask them to write in Thai. Anyway, when I stayed in Peninsula, I did not bring the hotel card (with address written in Thai to show the taxi driver), as I expect all taxi driver know, as it is The Peninsula. Yet, I found a taxi driver who did not know where The Peninsula is... So not to mention Pullman....
        visit my blog

Comment

• To get to King Power, don't say 'DFS', don't say 'King Power'... say 'Soi Rangnam' (pronounced more locally as 'Soi Lang Nam') - you're guaranteed to get there no worries, then. They all know that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I think the 4P is still in its early stages and it'd be unfair to criticise them at this point in time. I also felt they genuinely did show reasonable concern and hospitality during my one-nighter with them last time. I did say I would go back and that hasn't changed.

My bookings were actually for Fri at 4P, Sat at Westin, Sun at 4P. Reasons? Mattress run... having to lug my luggage that 100m further to the SGS... price... (I'd do the Onetravel.com price as I do need to stock up on a certain bathroom amenity I can only get at the SGS).

Mind you, Sunday night with the Hilton was rather tempting, but I have to leave heaps early on Monday back to SIN.
            do we earn stays and points on the onetravel.com rate?

Comment

• Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
              do we earn stays and points on the onetravel.com rate?
              Well if any previous experience with other SPG properties and other non-SPG reservation services count, then in my case NEVER ! No points, no stays! (well you might get points for money spent on food/service during hotel stay, at least I have.) Most recently had this happen at the Sheraton LAX on a agoda reservation ( and they wouldn't price match in my case)! C'est la vie!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                I had a room there the other week just to check it out, the night after Kyo actually who I met up with in the lobby there. He spent more time there so can probably give you a better write up than me but while I agree it's anice place it's just that, 'nice', which if you consider all the other options in Bangkok is not really anything to get excited about
                Updated info - just spent my second night here on the THB1900 promo, which no longer exists, so it pays to book early (and will have a third one tomorrow night) and the bar isn't open yet. Rates are not THB3100, which means it's highly likely I'll be back at the Royal Orchid or LM soon.

No upgraded room this time around, same Comfort, non-smoking as previous - and upon querying the front desk staff, they mentioned that the suites will only be completed by the end of March... I find this totally odd and considering they are selling Executive Suites for THB5100 and Terrace Suites for THB7100, a bit of a lie. I imagine I'll only be using this for my usual Friday midnight arrivals most of the time when I need a quick stay credit.

If that's their Plat policy, this early in the game, I'll be sure not to prioritise this property in the future. I wonder if Starwood Lurker AP can comment.

Comment

• 3rd party website rates wont accrue points or stay recognition on most (if not all) hotel frequent stay programs.

Price matching from 3rd party websites directly with hotels will most likely not work either as there's a reason why these rates are the way they are and why rates directly with hotels are the way they are...

You will get points for using hotel services i.e F&B outlets, Spa services etc etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    and the bar isn't open yet.
                    Bugger, it was supposed to open on the 17th!. Me and my brother have just landed on a last minute trip down under so having a quick overnight at SGS before early flight to MEL tomorrow morning. Then I am coming back through again on Tuesday.....

We will be in and out of BarSu watching football etc so drop us a line if you fancy a drink. Will be meeting Lobster later and one of my staff is in town on holiday as well with her fella so it promises to be a busy night.

Comment

• Sorry mate but I doubt it as I'm attending a wedding near Rama 3, no idea when I'm back at the 4P...

Comment

• OK, I've read the thread and I'm looking for a bit of help.

I'm in BKK 26/11-28/11, it was meant to be one night but upgrade availability on LH made it two nights.

I haven't been to BKK for many years since I was a backpacker, these days my tastes are a bit more refined (or at least I think they are). I'm Hilton Gold and Starwood Gold, nothing really in any other programme, I've had good experiences with Shangri-La and wild horses wouldn't drag me into an Accor property again. I like luxury but not lots of formality and I prefer my properties to be Friend of Dorothy friendly (not that I think that's a problem in BKK).

My priorities are a) smoking room (or balcony/terrace), b) a late checkout because of that damn 2355 departure time c) Exec floor or suite.

My budget is probably about 15,000 THB a night at maximum.

Comment

• With that budget, stay at the SGS and try for a free late check-out first, otherwise ask them for a paid rate til late night... they are more than likely to oblige one way or another. They are the most flexible, I've found, with late check-outs.

4P last night didn't upgrade me again, but fair enough - I checked in at midnight... and out at 6am... at least they remembered the mango sticky rice this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by iainbhx View Post
                            My budget is probably about 15,000 THB a night at maximum.
                            Mr RICH! That's very generous for BKK

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Mr RICH! That's very generous for BKK
                              Did I mention I requalified for Hilton Gold on base points with 5 stays one year.

Comment

• Perhaps http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10789 would interest you more than others then

Comment

Working...
                                X